Old Post (Coon and Cat)

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
This is a post I made "BC". -- Before the crash!:D

Seems I had saved it in a folder :huh: --- hopefully some of the new members will enjoy it.

I came off stand this morning at ten since I wanted to hit a plot with some triple 17.

As I began spreading the fertilizer.---- I suddenly heard a sound that seemed like a cross between a woman screaming and a baby crying uncontrollably -- the sound was coming from a creek in the cutover that has very steep banks about 50 yards from me. -- Instead of finally stopping, the screaming/crying sound only got louder and more desperate.

I finally slid my Ruger out of the case and started crawling/walking through the vines and briars trying to get near the creek. --- I finally made it to the edge and after looking up and down the creek, I could see ripples coming from behind a big log 40 feet to my left. (The screaming ain't let up at all).

After sliding down the soft bank on one knee, I started wading toward the ripples with my rifle raised as the screams became even louder. ----- When I finally got to where I could see over the log, I could tell it was something having a meal and suddenly the absolutely, biggest Bobcat I have ever seen in my life bolted out and up the other side. All I could do was stand there with my mouth open because of the size. -- Believe me, I have seen some large BC's. --- Ain't never seen one close to this one.

Anyhow, I looked over the log to see what he had been dining on and to my amazement ----- it was a full grown Raccoon. -- It was a pitiful site. - He finally quit screaming and even though a portion of his body was gone and the rest ripped all over, he managed to crawl up on a log and calm down.

No doubt he died after I left and the Bobcat returned so I guess the cycle is complete with one dying so that another can live. -- Sometimes it seems extra cruel though.

I had always figured a Raccoon could hold it's own against the Devil himself.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
old coon musta had a broke leg or some internal injuries. I too would have thought a coon could hold his own.

I bet you had to change your drawers after the cat jumped up huh??? :hair:

Jim

Woody's Janitor

There are some BIG cats in that swamp!!

Handgunner

I would have had to shot the coon to put him out of his misery. No way could I have walked off and left him like that...

killNgrill

So bobcat was huge eh? It wasn't, BLACK, was it? :hair:
sorry had to say it :rofl: