Opening Day Bow Season

bamaboy

15 days 23 hours!!!! BUMP,TTT

bamaboy

14 days and counting!!!

MCNASTY

Bump!!! Less than 14 days now, were in the short rows!!!

georgiayooper

It's Been too long.

I don't think anyone can be as pumped about the upcoming dear season than me. I haven't hunted since high school and I'm 53 now. This year I decided I wasn't going to just talk about hunting. In May I bought a Bear Encounter bow and some Muzzy 4 broads. Later in the season when firearms opens up I'll be using a Ruger American 30-06. It's all a first for me. I never owned my own hunting weapons growing up. The deer were so scarce it was practically a celebration just to see one. So anyway, I'm seriously stoked and can't wait to hit the woods again!!!!!!!!

oldfella1962

I don't think anyone can be as pumped about the upcoming dear season than me. I haven't hunted since high school and I'm 53 now. This year I decided I wasn't going to just talk about hunting. In May I bought a Bear Encounter bow and some Muzzy 4 broads. Later in the season when firearms opens up I'll be using a Ruger American 30-06. It's all a first for me. I never owned my own hunting weapons growing up. The deer were so scarce it was practically a celebration just to see one. So anyway, I'm seriously stoked and can't wait to hit the woods again!!!!!!!!

Join the club! I'm 51 and haven't hunted in decades. And true about deer densities. I love to hear younger guys complain that there aren't as many deer as there were 10 years ago. :confused: When I last hunted (northern Wisconsin, far from agriculture, nothing but swamps and woods) just seeing a deer was eventful, and forget a herd of them - one or two here and there. The limit was ONE per year with a bow and ONE with a gun. The bow success rate was about 5 percent, the gun about 15 percent. And food plots/trail cameras/tree stands hadn't caught on yet - not that I will use them anyway. And the excuses I hear! :rofl:
Too many acorns - the deer are too spread out among all the oaks so they won't concentrate in one area.
Not enough acorns - the deer won't be where I want them to be so I may have to go into the thick stuff to find other food sources. Too many hunters - the deer are too spooky. Not enough hunters - nobody to keep the deer moving enough. Sorry - to ME Georgia is a deer hunting paradise whether I score opening day or take six years to get my first bow kill like Fred Bear. :)

georgiayooper

I'm originally from Upper Michigan in Ontonagon. Have family in Iron Mountain. The deer down here may be a bit smaller but there are definitely a lot more of them.

oldfella1962

I'm originally from Upper Michigan in Ontonagon. Have family in Iron Mountain. The deer down here may be a bit smaller but there are definitely a lot more of them.

Been there a time or two. Too much snow for me in the U.P.
You're right, deer are quite a bit bigger in the upper Midwest.
But I'll take smaller easier to pattern deer any time! :)

georgiayooper

Been there a time or two. Too much snow for me in the U.P.
You're right, deer are quite a bit bigger in the upper Midwest.
But I'll take smaller easier to pattern deer any time! :)
I haven't been out scouting in about a month or so but I've found a couple of spots in the Yuchi WMA and I'll be going to a hunt camp down in the springfield/Rincon area in Effingham County. I'll be happy with one doe and one buck this year, lol

bamaboy

The time is upon us fellers!!! I want everyone today to take a minute and thank God and our police,military and fireman for the sacrifices they all gave on this day 12 years ago! I will be thinking about this day this Saturday and thanking them all for the freedoms we have!! 3 days!!!! I can't wait!!!

georgiayooper

the time is upon us fellers!!! I want everyone today to take a minute and thank god and our police,military and fireman for the sacrifices they all gave on this day 12 years ago! I will be thinking about this day this saturday and thanking them all for the freedoms we have!! 3 days!!!! I can't wait!!!

amen!!

roadhand10

Well good luck to everyone opening weekend ill miss it this year due too working out of state but the following weekend its game on. Cant wait too see pics this weekend

DMCox

Less than 24 till I'll be sitting in the woods waiting on daylight! Good luck to everyone this weekend, I hope to see lots of pictures of deer taken over the next few days! :cheers: :yeah: