Opening day doe

mpowell

great pic

congratulations! that's a great pic and looks like a very nice doe. i'm waiting for a lone doe or group to come through in bow range for me.

so far, i've passed on a basket 6 point, a number of yearlings all still sporting some spots, and a doe with her yearling. didn't want to shoot her this early in the season with her youngster.

roadkill

Wesley is 11 also. He shoots a Bear ultralite at 40 lb pull with a 2 inch overdraw, and Goldtip carbon arrows. He's been shooting since he was 8. I started him out with a PSE Bandit. I bought the Bear for my wife, but she didn't show any interest in shooting. My 9 yr old daughter shoots the bandit now. This is Wesley's first year sitting by himself, within my sight of course. I had to move his ladder stand to my tree. He wants to hunt there now. I guess I can let him have it. He's like Mastercard, I don't leave home without him!
As for finding the deer, I take no credit for that. I had walked about 50 yds past the deer, stopped and just looked in a big circle. I saw a spot of black in the brush, it was the tip of her ear! I say that was my sign! I prayed a specific prayer and it was answered. I have to say that when I saw that, I got a little choked up. I think it was more from my prayer being answered, than from getting a deer. It's great to see that God can help us even in the little things that really don't matter to some, but it helps me teach my kids of the magnitude of His power, and to trust in Him for all things!

Meriwether Mike

Great job on the doe. I remember when my son and I got one together. I think he was more happy than me. Some great memories are definately being made that he will remember forever. :D

dbodkin

Congrats RoadKill.. looks like some mighty fine eatin :clap:

H

HT2

Road.....

Good deal brother.....

Ain't nothin' like being a youngun and takin' a deer.....

Memories forever..... :clap: :clap:

Ga crossbow

hey Jim

Im glad you and Wesley goy one.Ihave seen a few this year but just not in bow range.give me a call sometime and we will go back up to Clayton Co. Water Athority....Garry