Opinion please!

snuffy

I'm old and maybe don't think like the younger generation so would like some thoughts on this.

Saw an ad on another site for a gun I would like to have. The guy was local to me.
This is what I messaged the guy. Word for word.

Hello
I am James

I work in McDonough and live in Luella.

Would like to take a look at the Ruger Security 6 you have listed.

Xxx xxx xXxX ( my phone )

Thanks,
James

This is what he responded with.

"what do you mean, take a look at it, fotos are posted on the add"

How would yall take that?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I'm old and maybe don't think like the younger generation so would like some thoughts on this.

Saw an ad on another site for a gun I would like to have. The guy was local to me.

Hello
I am James

Thanks,
James

That we couldn’t do business together

bighonkinjeep

I'd probably tell him sorry but a visual inspection via photos doesn't show mechanical wear such as end shake, cylinder alignment, pawl engagement etc. and that a hands on inspection is required to ensure it isnt wore out or neglected proir to spending money on a used revolver.
Then I'd most likely thank him for his time and let him know that I'm no longer interested.

bass4fun

Rude and a jerk. Can't spell and doesn't know punctuation.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My Pap’s gentlemanly instruction would have me respond, “Good luck selling your gun.” That would be the end of that for me.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313

Hello
I am James

Thanks,
James

facepalm:

Dub

I also struggle with dropping to juvenile behavior at times......I may have asked him if he had any nekkid photos of his momz.....and then ask him if he wanted any ?

I may have misstated the part about me struggling with dropping to juvenile behavior.......I caved in, gave up the struggle, years ago. :rofl:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Snuffy, anybody who would sell a used gun (and a lot of new ones too) without allowing someone to look at them and handle them is someone you don't want to do business with. ESPECIALLY, a revolver!
If you have your heart set on a Ruger, find you a nice new Ruger GP or SP series at a local gun shop. Buy once, cry once! (y)

ucfireman

I would have responded to the goober,

Do you want to sell it or not, if so I will come look at it.
If not then go to ....

I cannot stand idiots that cannot understand how the selling process works.
Maybe this new generation of folks is just used to buying things sight unseen. If you don't like it then just return it, carmax, amazon, etc.

Or maybe it was a scam and he just wanted your money venmoed or cash apped.

I would pass, though

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Thinking about sending him a link to this thread.
Maybe he will shed some light on his response.
Or you could ask him if he went and looked at it and handled it, before he bought it.
I've bought and sold plenty of firearms in the past. I don't know of anyone that wouldn't want to inspect the firearm before they bought it.
If he can't understand that, you do not need to do business with him.

snuffy

Didn't need the thing to start with just didn't understand the rudeness.

menhadenman

Or you could offer him 80% of asking price then back out if you see something wrong with it when you get there. If he doesn’t bite I’d drop correspondence altogether.

Likely it’s not been shot much and they guy can’t afford it in the first place. Meaning there could be a deal.

Good luck either way.