Opinion please!

snuffy

Like I said didn't need the thing to start with. Would have bought it though.
Or you could offer him 80% of asking price then back out if you see something wrong with it when you get there. If he doesn’t bite I’d drop correspondence altogether.

Likely it’s not been shot much and they guy can’t afford it in the first place. Meaning there could be a deal.

Good luck either way.

basshappy

BANNED
@snuffy depends how bad you want the instrument. Maybe don't read into it, because there are an infinite ways to read into his reply and why he replied like that. I would reply simple - I would like to meet in person to go over it in person, and if it checks out I am a serious buyer.

glynr329

Like I said didn't need the thing to start with. Would have bought it though.
Sometimes people aren't worth your time. There is a place in Loganville I stopped one time and last time I will ever go there because of attitude. To many places to go.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
on input on a response. I think it has been covered throughly.
But, the Security Six is a great pistol, and I really like the feel of it in my hand. I bought one back in the early 80's and still have it today

oldfella1962

on input on a response. I think it has been covered throughly.
But, the Security Six is a great pistol, and I really like the feel of it in my hand. I bought one back in the early 80's and still have it today
I had one in the early 80's (I had to sell it because I was moving from Alaska to Arizona and you can't take handguns into Canada) and bought another one when I got a job as a security guard, and we had to provide our own weapons.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
If you want it, try him one more time, explaining that you will bring cash but will not pay until you've had hands on the thing in person..

If he can't understand that, move on.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The person who responded to you is an idiot. Respond accordingly.

kingfish

Like the buddy of mine who drove an hour to go look at a truck advertised on Craigs List. In the photo, the truck looked brand new in his yard. When he got there, the truck looked like someone had driven it off a cliff. When my buddy asked what the heck, the guys response was '"I wanted to show people what it would look like once you fixed it up" :LOL:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Like the buddy of mine who drove an hour to go look at a truck advertised on Craigs List. In the photo, the truck looked brand new in his yard. When he got there, the truck looked like someone had driven it off a cliff. When my buddy asked what the heck, the guys response was '"I wanted to show people what it would look like once you fixed it up" :LOL:
How long did your buddy spend in jail for beat'n that dude to pulp?

specialk

Snuffy, this new gen i cant figure out for the life of me, my cousin whos half my age lives in VA bought/paid for a $50k truck over the phone/online down in FL and flew down to pick it up....no way in hades would i do that.... same with that gun, id have to put my hands on it before a commitment...

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I
Snuffy, this new gen i cant figure out for the life of me, my cousin whos half my age lives in VA bought/paid for a $50k truck over the phone/online down in FL and flew down to pick it up....no way in hades would i do that.... same with that gun, id have to put my hands on it before a commitment...
I’m with you, I’ve seen too many shady deals in the past: sawdust in differential,drill motor running odometer backwards etc. That’s why I can’t believe these used car companies that deliver and pickup by deals made online stay in business.

DannyW

Another observation about today's youth...

I still pay for a lot of things with cash. Just for the sport of it, and admittedly for my entertainment pleasure, I purposely pay an amount which will return me whole dollars.

For example, if my purchase is $7.63, I will hand the clerk $12.63 and watch their confusion. Some get it and realize I'm making their job easier and simply hand me back a $5.00 bill. Others, it totally paralyzes them... blows some circuit in their brain. Their eyes gloss over, and they can't speak.

What's really funny is they don't know to plug the amount in the register and let the machine do the math.

I get all kinds of responses but the ones I think are priceless are the ones who try to educate ME, a doddering old fool, on how I made a mistake!!! :ROFLMAO:

I know it's a little cruel but us old folks gotta get our kicks somehow.

MOTS

I'd just say "disregard" and move on. He'd mull about it all day wondering why you lost interest and he missed the sale.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

I still pay for a lot of things with cash. Just for the sport of it, and admittedly for my entertainment pleasure, I purposely pay an amount which will return me whole dollars.

For example, if my purchase is $7.63, I will hand the clerk $12.63 and watch their confusion. Some get it and realize I'm making their job easier and simply hand me back a $5.00 bill. Others, it totally paralyzes them... blows some circuit in their brain. Their eyes gloss over, and they can't speak.

What's really funny is they don't know to plug the amount in the register and let the machine do the math.

I get all kinds of responses but the ones I think are priceless are the ones who try to educate ME, a doddering old fool, on how I made a mistake!!! :ROFLMAO:

they don't want me to be sitting in a line of cars for the few times I go through a fast food place. It will be a combination of singles an coins to get back whole dollars or a single coin instead of pennies and such.

leroy

I made an offer on a rifle on GON, guy countered after few days i made another offer he thanked me for the interest and said all offers were off the table and gun was back to full price lol

sinclair1

It’s funny until I have to get my 7 yr old niece fix my Computer.

ol bob

Do this all the time, but what's better give them $12.13 and watch a complete melt down.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Do this all the time, but what's better give them $12.13 and watch a complete melt down.
And when I get back more than I gave them I just smile and walk away.