Over Easy Eggs?

matthewsman

That's right

Get me in a good club and I'll fix you breakfast sometime.The only thing about that job is you got to be single to do.As a manager,I had keys to the safe but not the door.You can't close it for nothing,thay have contingency plans for everything,hurricanes, ice storms whatever.Just block the doors open and keep cooking on gas.................Whew,I hate even thinking back on it,donnie

H

HT2

Matthews........

matthewsman said:
Best money I ever made employed by someone else.I managed the blue and gold Ga Tech commemerative store on Northside Dr.(Yes I have all my teeth)
I was there from 1992-1996,and have cooked more eggs in one morning than one person would probably eat in a lifetime........The pan is the key,it is seasoned with hot oil and salt to polish it smooth to allow the flipping.Touch is the key,to hard yellow all over the place(oh I thought you called overwell,lol)too little and it folds up on the side of the pan.When I'm showing off,I can do it with 1 1/2 flips.Cook that egg 1 1/2 minutes on the bottom,flip it 15 seconds on the top,flip it for a second or two on the bottom and slide it onto a platter...How were those hashbrowns again?donnie
I told 'em it was the "PAN"!!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
How can we take your word for it Tim??? You don't even like over easy eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kiddin bud! :D

Matthewsman,

I'll tell you, I was always impressed with how fast and how good a Waffle House cook can cook!!!

I've tossed many a buck to a cook to tip them. Don't know if I they were supposed to take it or not, but boy, they do more work than anybody in that joint.

Tommy

matthewsman

I was a manager

That meant I cooked all of first shift then also about any shift anybody called in on.The money was good and still isa good manager in a high volume store will make in the very high 50,000 to mid-60,000 It never rains in there and you only get a truck once a week but I can assure you it's more work than you want to do everyday.Man,the women trouble,you ain't had a hard day 'til bout five or six of'em have been yelling in your ear 1/2 the day and trying to steal from you the other 1/2.I did it for as long as I could stand it and have all the respect in the world for lifers.......It takes a different kind of person than me....donnie

H

HT2

Tommy..........

Thomas Lackey said:
How can we take your word for it Tim??? You don't even like over easy eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kiddin bud! :D

Matthewsman,

I'll tell you, I was always impressed with how fast and how good a Waffle House cook can cook!!!

I've tossed many a buck to a cook to tip them. Don't know if I they were supposed to take it or not, but boy, they do more work than anybody in that joint.

Tommy

I don't like 'em......

I didn't say I couldn't cook 'em............ :p :p :p :p

matthewsman

No

If you want to tip a cook instead of,or along with the waitress,just call him over and give it to him.Those sweet little ladies will keep it all if you give it to them.If you accidentaly tip management,they're supposed to ring it up as sales ::huh: Sounds like beer money to me,donnie

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I prefer my chicken embryos raw as well!!!

Jeff Phillips gave the correct answer!

A "Low Carb" dream!

My wife gets out of bed every morning at 5AM and cracks me a few. Sometimes she "over easy's" them and sometimes she puts them in an omelete!

I'm a lucky man!

:yeah:

stumpman

Banned
Use a teflon no stick pan and use a spray in the pan and also spray the plastic spatula put the heat on med high and wait untill the white is almost done then flip it for just a minute. Don't get the heatto high or it will brown the eggs.

Jeff, you are indeed a lucky man!

Here's my method, I cook my toast with my egg. Butter both sides of my bread, then pinch a hole out of the center. Put the bread in the pan for just a minute to toast it on one side, then pull it out. Crack my egg in the pan and cook it for about a minute, place the holed out bread toast side down over the egg yeller and flip it. Cook for about another 15 to 30 seconds and you have a "One Eyed Jason".

Works for me 9/10 times without busting the egg.

stumpman

Banned
AGE those are great we call them one eyed egyptions and we just toast them in the pan while the egg is cooking they are good.