Ozonics Orion Fan not Working

Griff04

I hope this post will help someone save a little money.

Fan quit working this morning, working fine yesterday. The coil would heat up but fan would not run. Figured the fan had gone out, called Ozonics and was quoted $171 to refurbish the unit. Ran across a DIY thread on here about replacing the fan so I thought I’d take a look at. Before pulling the cover for access to the fan I tried rotating the blade with a small screwdriver, I could feel it dragging and then it broke free and spun freely. I noticed some clear round pellets fell out once it broke free, not sure what they were but it had the fan blade lodged up and locked down. Slapped the battery back in it and it’s good to go.

So get this, went to put it back in its bag and noticed there were round pellets in the bottom of it….what the heck??? It wound up being the little bag of moisture control pellets that came with it had busted open. These evidently found their way into the unit itself.

Go figure!!!!!!

Jim Boyd

I hope this post will help someone save a little money.

Fan quit working this morning, working fine yesterday. The coil would heat up but fan would not run. Figured the fan had gone out, called Ozonics and was quoted $171 to refurbish the unit. Ran across a DIY thread on here about replacing the fan so I thought I’d take a look at. Before pulling the cover for access to the fan I tried rotating the blade with a small screwdriver, I could feel it dragging and then it broke free and spun freely. I noticed some clear round pellets fell out once it broke free, not sure what they were but it had the fan blade lodged up and locked down. Slapped the battery back in it and it’s good to go.

So get this, went to put it back in its bag and noticed there were round pellets in the bottom of it….what the heck??? It wound up being the little bag of moisture control pellets that came with it had busted open. These evidently found their way into the unit itself.

Go figure!!!!!!

Good sleuthing.

Hunt em up!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Great heads up! Doesnt take much to jam up a small fan like that…..glad you found the culprit too!

Latest posts