Panola state park ?

jwf2506

Got drew for Panola state park this year and I've never stepped a foot on it just wondering if anyone might point me toward an area of it to start looking.....not trying to take nobody's honey hole just wanting to see some deer, any advice will be very much appreciated

PappyHoel

Lots of threads on here about it. They had limited success last year and a few guys complained about hunters being on top of them.

jwf2506

Yeah I looked through what threads I could find and there wasn't a lot of info figured I'd give it a shot hoping someone would have some info that they wouldn't mind sharing

jwf2506

I just wanted to give it 1 more shot for info on Panola state park info like what area to look at thanks for any info

chase85

I was drawn also never been ther before either heard allot of good things planning on going early Monday and scout a little if I can do that

jwf2506

Yeah you can scout anytime. We went a few weeks ago but had to meet up with a ranger to do so because we scouted on the west side of the park and they keep the gate locked. We are gonna go the Monday before the hunt to hang out stands

chase85

Thanks for the info I’m gonna go early also Monday to hang some stands look forward to seeing y’all there

GobbleAndGrunt78

I'm coming from Savannah. I'll be there early that Monday to scout & set up my popup camper. Maybe I'll meet a few of yall there...I'll be in a black extended cab 4x4 Ranger with Falcons & Braves logos on back window. Come say hi!!!
Ben

leftystar

I'm coming from Savannah. I'll be there early that Monday to scout & set up my popup camper. Maybe I'll meet a few of yall there...I'll be in a black extended cab 4x4 Ranger with Falcons & Braves logos on back window. Come say hi!!!
Ben
I took my pop up camper and had to stay in the parking lot beside the road was tuff for taking a shower lol. I was the only one there with a camper the rest had tents and they were able to stay on top of the hill but It was a fun hunt plenty of deer.

GobbleAndGrunt78

I took my pop up camper and had to stay in the parking lot beside the road was tuff for taking a shower lol. I was the only one there with a camper the rest had tents and they were able to stay on top of the hill but It was a fun hunt plenty of deer.

Hopefully not out by the main highway, I've heard the area is rough. I'd like to be inside the park a little ways. My popup has an outside shower, but I made a shower curtain assembly I put up. Is there a water source I could use to fill my small fresh water tank instead of towing all the extra weight? Thx

jwf2506

Hopefully not out by the main highway, I've heard the area is rough. I'd like to be inside the park a little ways. My popup has an outside shower, but I made a shower curtain assembly I put up. Is there a water source I could use to fill my small fresh water tank instead of towing all the extra weight? Thx
They said we was gonna be camping around the archery res and people with campers would set up in parking lot

leftystar

It's not by the main highway but it is by the public road it's not a closed road. in the park and it's is by the archery area. I just wish I could have put it up on the top of the hill where the tents where.