Passed my real estate test!

Arrow3

After 25 years of working in a manufacturing plant I decided to make a life change. The money was good but at 47 years old I could see the best years of my life going away fast and didn't want to wake up one day and regret not doing something. Not having any children and not a ton of bills allowed me to step away and pursue other things. A local Real estate brokerage suggested that I get my license and come to work for them. So that's what I did. I was all fixing to take my state exam in January after passing my 75 hr prelicense course when my father unexpectedly passed away. Of course that derailed me for a little while but I'm proud to say that I passed the state exam last month and am now working with the broker in Oglethorpe County. I'm hoping this opens new opportunities for me. Also hoping with this , my part time fish guide business, and renting out my father's lake cabin I will be able to make a good enough living to enjoy the rest of my years!

Just remember, you're never to old to take a chance!

georgia_home

Congratulations! With your local knowledge, you’ll do well.

specialk

Good luck A3!

slow motion

Congratulations. Good luck on your new adventure.

Arrow3

Best of luck to ya! You are correct. You are never too old. My 33 year old son decided to go back to college and just got his degree and applying for the master's program.
Good luck to him as well!

jdgator

Best of luck!

Maybe you establish a niche and be the local expert for deal with it. Something tells me foreclosures and short sale activity are going to pick up in some markets.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats!!! You have the personality for that type work.

Just remember retirement is still coming at the same speed. IRA will replace 401-K now. Pay it every month just like any other bill.

Arrow3

Congrats!!! You have the personality for that type work.

Just remember retirement is still coming at the same speed. IRA will replace 401-K now. Pay it every month just like any other bill.
I moved all of my 401k to Raymond James when I left the manufacturing plant. I plan on adding to it just as you suggested after getting on my feet. It may take me a year or so to get established good but the future is definitely on my mind.

Gaswamp

proud of you brandon, can't wait to hear when you get your first sale

hopper

Way to go my man! Being your own boss may be more work at times but it will be your work and your rewards.
Enjoy it Brother.