Passed my real estate test!

Dub

Congrats on having the courage to make a career change.

Maybe this will open doors to more places to hunt too??

If you have time to hunt. :huh:

The agents I know who are doing well are always in motion....ready at the drop of a hat...7 days a week.

Arrow3

Congrats on having the courage to make a career change.

If you have time to hunt. :huh:

The agents I know who are doing well are always in motion....ready at the drop of a hat...7 days a week.
Ha! I still have fishing clients and a rental too.

...and I'm gonna hunt :rofl:

Meriwether Mike

Get on with Whitetail Properties and you will have plenty of places to hunt. ;) Good luck.

Gaswamp

Got my 5th closing coming up on September 8th. I'm happy to say things have been going well so far.
awesome brother keep up the good work

westcobbdog

After 25 years of working in a manufacturing plant I decided to make a life change. The money was good but at 47 years old I could see the best years of my life going away fast and didn't want to wake up one day and regret not doing something. Not having any children and not a ton of bills allowed me to step away and pursue other things. A local Real estate brokerage suggested that I get my license and come to work for them. So that's what I did. I was all fixing to take my state exam in January after passing my 75 hr prelicense course when my father unexpectedly passed away. Of course that derailed me for a little while but I'm proud to say that I passed the state exam last month and am now working with the broker in Oglethorpe County. I'm hoping this opens new opportunities for me. Also hoping with this , my part time fish guide business, and renting out my father's lake cabin I will be able to make a good enough living to enjoy the rest of my years!

Just remember, you're never to old to take a chance!
Good luck, it's what you make of it. My .02 would include try not to go too fancy on cars, clothes, ect or the slow times can tend to have a strong bite. Made it 28 years so far. Also, diversify. Become adept at selling houses knowing how Conventional, Fha and Va financing all play into things. Also be sure and work with both Buyers and Sellers, right now being a listing agent is much much easier than beating out Buckhead Betty and 8 other solid Buyers agents on a contract. Also learn commercial, my biggest deal so far was a 3.5m commercial land deal. Commercial can be land, buildings, leasing, ect..I really take on any project if I like the person and the project and its interesting to me. A jerk for a Buyer or Seller gets one voted off the island. So don't work with anybody you don't feel good about, also remember you pay your broker to work there, so lean on your broker for deals, too. The bigger the broker the more resources for the agent, typically. I like Coldwell Banker for that reason and have been with them about 25 yrs. Also try to pay your taxes quarterly, otherwise it's not much fun coughing up 20k plus at one time to pay said taxes. Lastly, avoid the whinners and negative people you come across, plus avoid the time vampires in your office. See you in the field.

kingfish

Did the same thing you're doing right now. Got downsized by IP so spent the next 16 years in real estate. Just retired. Worked for an independent Broker, sold mostly rural properties. Worked about 8 different Florida counties and had a blast. Sold everything from horse ranches to a single wide on an acre. They all pay. I've had my Captains License since 2000 and still guide part time. Killed my second biggest muzzle loader 8 pt on a 10 acre listing the owner gave me permission to hunt. It's hard work, and can be just as frustrating as it is rewarding. Best of luck to you !!!

Arrow3

Did the same thing you're doing right now. Got downsized by IP so spent the next 16 years in real estate. Just retired. Worked for an independent Broker, sold mostly rural properties. Worked about 8 different Florida counties and had a blast. Sold everything from horse ranches to a single wide on an acre. They all pay. I've had my Captains License since 2000 and still guide part time. Killed my second biggest muzzle loader 8 pt on a 10 acre listing the owner gave me permission to hunt. It's hard work, and can be just as frustrating as it is rewarding. Best of luck to you !!!

You and I sound like we have the same kind of market. Much smaller then @westcobbdog . I too work for a smaller rural broker. So far my closings are all rural land tracts but I do have two mobile home listings coming up.

Arrow3

Best move I could've ever made professionally. I got my 1st listing at the end of June and as of yesterday I have closed 14 deals with another closing coming up at the end of January. This plus my airbnb at Clarks Hill have solidified my choices to walk away from a 25+ year job... Thanks for all the well-wishes back when I posted this.