Pet peeve: People who interrupt me.
really?:p
One of the really cool things about forums - it don't happen,
no interruptions what so ever?:huh:
no matter how long you "talk!"
:biggrin2: :rofl:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
People who don't have the common courtesy to use turn signals!

slip

Retired Moderator
People who ride your tail when your already doing 5 over.

People who cannot handle their giant jacked up truck. I have no problem with big trucks as long as you can handle it, that means keeping in your own lane and parking between the lines.

crackerdave

People who ride your tail when your already doing 5 over.

People who cannot handle their giant jacked up truck. I have no problem with big trucks as long as you can handle it, that means keeping in your own lane and parking between the lines.

It's a scientifically proven fact that men who drive these have tiny wee-wees.::gone:

waddler

Banned
Corporations that have monopoly control, like Power Companies. Redoing an old house and had it rewired. Didn't want to punch a hole in the new roof for a power mast, so I called Ga. Power about under ground service from the street to the house. $725 for 30 feet. I call them up and ask why it cost so much, they said that was what they charged. I say, suppose I dig the trench and run the conduit myself? Guy says, "Doesn't matter, still $725". I ask him how long a trench is that for. His words, 3' or 300', same price. I ask him why Ga Power has such a policy, and he says because the PSC allows it.

I ask how much to connect if I cut the roof and run the mast. He says "that's free". Problem solved, just have to worry about outages from falling limbs.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Corporations that have monopoly control, like Power Companies. Redoing an old house and had it rewired. Didn't want to punch a hole in the new roof for a power mast, so I called Ga. Power about under ground service from the street to the house. $725 for 30 feet. I call them up and ask why it cost so much, they said that was what they charged. I say, suppose I dig the trench and run the conduit myself? Guy says, "Doesn't matter, still $725". I ask him how long a trench is that for. His words, 3' or 300', same price. I ask him why Ga Power has such a policy, and he says because the PSC allows it.

I ask how much to connect if I cut the roof and run the mast. He says "that's free". Problem solved, just have to worry about outages from falling limbs.

Is the primary line out in front of your house underground or overhead?

waddler

Banned
Overhead.

waddler

Banned
I didn't measure the distance from the street, but it is about halfway the house. Looks to me like it would be to the power Co's advantage to have the wires underground, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I didn't measure the distance from the street, but it is about halfway the house. Looks to me like it would be to the power Co's advantage to have the wires underground, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Underground wire, both primary and secondary, is much more expensive than overhead wire.

waddler

Banned
Underground wire, both primary and secondary, is much more expensive than overhead wire.

Nope! I asked about that also. Had nothing to do with it. I even asked if I could furnish the wire, dig the trench and furnish the conduit. Price to connect....$725.

Makes no sense and the guy made no effort to justify it. Said that was what they charge. Kinda like take it or leave it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nope! I asked about that also. Had nothing to do with it. I even asked if I could furnish the wire, dig the trench and furnish the conduit. Price to connect....$725.

Makes no sense and the guy made no effort to justify it. Said that was what they charge. Kinda like take it or leave it.

Something about that doesn`t seem quite right. Oh well. You could always do without, I reckon. :D

waddler

Banned
Something about that doesn`t seem quite right. Oh well. You could always do without, I reckon. :D

Those are my sentiments exactly. The contractor working for me said that type work is subbed out now, and that the person I talked with may not have been with the power co. I do not have to worry about doing without, they will hook me up FREE, overhead. I just cannot understand why the policy for underground service is so arbitrary.

polkhunt

Banned
Well with bucks not having antlers for a while we have gotten away from one of my pet peeves the ol what will it score thread but I guess that will get cranked up real soon.
1. nobody cares what a buck on another persons property will score
2. if you study up on the subject matter enough you can score it yourself and then you would be back to number 1.

win280

People who order for the whole office in the drive thru window and every order is without something or add extra this or that.

Latest posts