Picked up an old trunk ...had to redo it

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
That is pretty nice! You did good. Wonder how old it is?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Looks good. Wonder just how many of those were made? Got one each just like it from both Grand Mothers that got them from their Mothers. Never thought about the chest much, just all the years of stuff they had in each. Good idea.

27metalman

I got one similar to this... seems like it has a lady's name in it maybe a "ship" sticker??? I keep saying I'm going to dress it up like this one, but hadn't so far. Pretty cool pics though.

Redbow

Nice job on the old trunk. I wish I had my Grandmothers old trunk that she had when I was a kid. The top of her old trunk was rounded she stored her quilts and other things for her house in it. Most families back in the days when I came along had a trunk. I guess a lot of them got thrown out when the old folks passed on.

carver

Nice job on the old trunk. I wish I had my Grandmothers old trunk that she had when I was a kid. The top of her old trunk was rounded she stored her quilts and other things for her house in it. Most families back in the days when I came along had a trunk. I guess a lot of them got thrown out when the old folks passed on.
Back in the day houses didn't have closets, there was very little room for anything of value, keepsakes,family bible,pictures and stuff