Pigeon Forge, TN Hotel Suggestions

K80Shooter

The wife & I will be heading up to Pigeon Forge on the 27th of this month and am looking for a recommendation on Hotels.
This is our 1st trip up so I'm clueless as to what areas I might need to avoid.
I'm seeing prices from $50 to $300 a night with lots in between. It doesn't have to be fancy but does need to be clean and safe.

Are there any that I need to avoid? Any that you would recommend? Can you get a good room for around $100 a night?

As we'll only be there for a night, maybe 2 at tops I wont be looking for a vrbo unless it is highly recommended and affordable.

Thanks in advance.

Waddams

I've done a few trips to Pidgeon Forge and Gatlinburg. I think most places on the main drag (441) through Pidgeon Forge would be relatively clean and safe. Especially the national brand hotels even if they're in the low to mid range costs.

If you picked a mid range cost place (Expedia is showing me a bunch in the $100 +/- range) near 441 and 321, on 441, you'd be close to everything and maybe even able to walk to some places at least instead drive everywhere.

We actually just did a weekend in Gatlinburg recently. Stayed in the middle of the tourist strip so we could just park and then bar hop all over the strip. We did drive into the Great Smokies for a day hike, but the rest of it was worth a little extra $$$ so we didn't have to drive, pay for extra parking, and just the convenience of it.

If kids are going, Pidgeon Forge might be the ticket. If it's just you and the miss'us, it's hard to beat wandering up and down that strip in Gatlinburg, sampling whiskey and moonshine at Tennessee Shine and Old Smokey, over eating, and finding a good dinner spot. We also closed down a rooftop bar one night.

Lindseys Grandpa

We have stayed at the Arbors at Islands Landing . It's a older hotel but rooms were clean , price reasonable and walking distance from the Island which is a pretty neat place to hang out at night .

jrickman

I'm a hotel snob, so take this with a grain of salt. There just isn't anything truly nice in the way of hotels in that area. Clean and convenient to town, sure. But nothing that will make you wonder why you should even leave the room. Every time I have gone up there and stayed in a hotel rather than a cabin, I have left wishing I had just rented a cabin.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
If you want to spend the money Christmas Inn, great breakfast/room but it is $$$$

Been a little while (not since roner) but if it's just me and moma we'd stay at Clarion Inn beside wears valley rd.
Friends have told us The Inn by the river or Hampton Inn on Teaster Lane is good.

I think most of your chains are pretty good up there

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Check with these folks. We stayed there on a trip and it was great. It's an old farm and lodge setup as a wedding venue, but they have 3 small apartments in the lodge building. It's in Townsend, "Quiet side of the Smokies". Quick access to the back entrance to the park, reasonable access to Pigeon Forge.

Stocked farm pond you can fish in, you can reserve horseback rides in advance if you want. Nice family owned operation, local folks. Might be booked out if they have a big wedding, but you don't have to have a wedding to stay there!
Country Manor Acres

Take her to eat here: Best local haunt
The Abbey

I will add, we went to Gatlinburg, just because. It's been a long time so we felt like we just had to. Probably won't do it again. Thankfully, we got there early Saturday, from the Park side, walked the strip, then got back out, nobody hurt...

Pigeon Forge was like a big parking lot. Plan ahead. We did enjoy going to the Ogle Family Restaurant, Five Oaks, and the General Store on the hill behind it.
Five Oaks Farm Kitchen

Ogle Brothers General Store

When we go again, I'll find lodging in Townsend, visit the Park with multiple stops, Cades Cove, maybe once into Sevierville, and that will be it.

Schedule a trip on the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail in Gatlinburg. Oldie but a goodie... @4HAND can attest.
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail

I should be a trip planner!

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

My wife and daughter stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge-Sevierville. They liked it and took the city shuttle a few times. They switched shuttles at the city station and went to Dollywood.
When we go for a week, we get a cabin out from town a few miles.
X2 on visiting The Island. Even I liked the atmosphere there, it was fun and they had some bluegrass music at night. Parking was a far piece to walk though.
Our favorite restaurant was The Local Goat. We also all liked The Smoky Mountain Knife Works outside of Sevierville. Room and cabins between Sevierville and Pigeon Forge are a little cheaper than directly in Pigeon Forge.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

We went to Gatlinburg from Pigeon Forge as well. Had to wait to get into the parking deck. Very crowed even on a week day. It was fun and I would think it better to stay on the strip if one wanted to visit for a weekend. You really can walk to everything. It's a younger crowd and a more party atmosphere. Don't even think of driving down the old 441 strip.
We came in from the park side as well to the parking deck.

K80Shooter

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I have an appointment with a guy at 11am on the 28th which will take 2-3 hours after that if it were just me, I'd be on my way back home. We'll probably do cades cove either on the way up or back down and anything else will be just what ever strikes our fancy. My appointment is with this guy (Mountainman Art ) I'll be getting some artwork done on our bike, not sure to what extent yet. I probably should have stated that we'll be on my Spyder RT-Limited(three wheel motorcycle). So it has to be motorcycle friendly.

Last edited:

K80Shooter

Check with these folks. We stayed there on a trip and it was great. It's an old farm and lodge setup as a wedding venue, but they have 3 small apartments in the lodge building. It's in Townsend, "Quiet side of the Smokies". Quick access to the back entrance to the park, reasonable access to Pigeon Forge.

Stocked farm pond you can fish in, you can reserve horseback rides in advance if you want. Nice family owned operation, local folks. Might be booked out if they have a big wedding, but you don't have to have a wedding to stay there!
Country Manor Acres

Take her to eat here: Best local haunt
The Abbey

I will add, we went to Gatlinburg, just because. It's been a long time so we felt like we just had to. Probably won't do it again. Thankfully, we got there early Saturday, from the Park side, walked the strip, then got back out, nobody hurt...

Pigeon Forge was like a big parking lot. Plan ahead. We did enjoy going to the Ogle Family Restaurant, Five Oaks, and the General Store on the hill behind it.
Five Oaks Farm Kitchen

Ogle Brothers General Store

When we go again, I'll find lodging in Townsend, visit the Park with multiple stops, Cades Cove, maybe once into Sevierville, and that will be it.

Schedule a trip on the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail in Gatlinburg. Oldie but a goodie... @4HAND can attest.
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail

I should be a trip planner!

Lots of good info here. I did check the cabins and nothing is available for the 27th but the rates are very affordable. I'll bookmark their page for a later trip, thanks.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
@K80Shooter The clairion that I was talking about is at the Harley Davison store if it's still there. Haven't paid attention last few times we were there

K80Shooter

I have booked a room, thanks again for the suggestions as they were helpful.

Lindseys Grandpa

The Christmas Inn is nice took wife there for 20th anniversary late July and it was full then . It's also one of the more expensive hotels up there .

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
A-lot of good places to stay and really cannot add to the ones already mentioned but one place you do not want to avoid is Cades Cove. If you love the outdoors - make sure ya`ll visit.

When we do a short notice trip and want to stay just out of town away from the traffic with a little view we stay at Deer Ridge Mountain Resort. Got some mountain view, it is just far enough out of town for peace and quiet yet close enough to be right back in the middle of the traffic jam with a 15 minute drive.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I have booked a room, thanks again for the suggestions as they were helpful.
What did you go with, wanted to see if I get a referral fee :sneaky: JK

K80Shooter

What did you go with, wanted to see if I get a referral fee :sneaky: JK

If anyone was to get a referral fee it would be Lindseys Granpa.

We (I) might regret it but were going to stay at Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites.

Flash I really looked at the Clarion Inn but decided to go the other way, maybe next time.

Lindseys Grandpa

If anyone was to get a referral fee it would be Lindseys Granpa.

We (I) might regret it but were going to stay at Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites.

Flash I really looked at the Clarion Inn but decided to go the other way, maybe next time.
Hope it works for you . I have stayed there twice and it was fine .

Lindseys Grandpa

I plan on staying here when they open . Probably be a one time thing ain't cheap but looks neat .

Attachments

• DFCE5A85-7540-4A49-9D00-A98D07A9E469.png
    DFCE5A85-7540-4A49-9D00-A98D07A9E469.png
    642.7 KB · Views: 28