Pine log hogs

Antfinn88

No, I found fresh signs,old signs, trails in the thicket and everything but hogs
I've been out there every weekend since turkey season started and haven't seen a single one. Finally this weekend I went down to oaky woods because everyone keeps telling me it's loaded with hogs...nothing again haha. I'll be back at pine log this Friday though to give it another shot.

Tom1957

I found plenty of fresh signs,old signs,trails into the thicket but no hogs
I can't find them lol. I have walked deep into the woods, I find everything but them. I talked to the game warden and he showed me where he sees them alot and I didn't even see any signs that impressed me

Tom1957

I've been out there every weekend since turkey season started and haven't seen a single one. Finally this weekend I went down to oaky woods because everyone keeps telling me it's loaded with hogs...nothing again haha. I'll be back at pine log this Friday though to give it another shot.
I find so many signs, tracks, wallers, places that are torn ti pieces but no hogs

Tom1957

I find so many signs, tracks, wallers, places that are torn ti pieces but no hogs
What time do you usually go?

Antfinn88

What time do you usually go?
On Fridays I like to get there about an hour before sunrise. So 6ish. I've walked a lot of the creek, but Its just me out there so i havent gone too far. I haven't asked the game warden yet, but I talked to a couple of other hunters who didn't really have much advice. One did tell me that they have some out in paulding forest, so I might check that out April 2nd when it opens up to everyone. It's definitely getting frustrating but it's gonna make it that much sweeter when I finally get one!

Tom1957

Well.i can tell you where I go. I can't remember the name of the road, but I can tell you how I get there. I go to the entrance past the church amd check in station. I follow that back until I see the short cement bridge and I turn left there. I follow that for a couple of miles, when I get to the bottom, there is a turn around on the left hand side. You'll recognize it, there is usually a mud pit about 10 feet or so into it. I park right there. Now you can walk straight in, you will start seeing signs about 20 yards in. There is a creek there, you can cross it, and there is another one about 20 yards or so. You can walk straight in, you'll see all kinds of signs. You can walk on dry land between them to your left amd see turned over rocks, rooting and everything. Follow those creeks to your left and even straight back. If you keep going to your left you will see a duck box, there is signs all thru that area

Antfinn88

Well.i can tell you where I go. I can't remember the name of the road, but I can tell you how I get there. I go to the entrance past the church amd check in station. I follow that back until I see the short cement bridge and I turn left there. I follow that for a couple of miles, when I get to the bottom, there is a turn around on the left hand side. You'll recognize it, there is usually a mud pit about 10 feet or so into it. I park right there. Now you can walk straight in, you will start seeing signs about 20 yards in. There is a creek there, you can cross it, and there is another one about 20 yards or so. You can walk straight in, you'll see all kinds of signs. You can walk on dry land between them to your left amd see turned over rocks, rooting and everything. Follow those creeks to your left and even straight back. If you keep going to your left you will see a duck box, there is signs all thru that area

I'll definitely give that a look. I've been going in the same entrance and turning left onto the little concrete bridge then parking right by that food plot. If you walk a couple yards up the road there is a trail that takes you all the way back to the creek. You can follow that all the way back to the food plot. I've found some decent sign back there by the creek.

Tom1957

I'll definitely give that a look. I've been going in the same entrance and turning left onto the little concrete bridge then parking right by that food plot. If you walk a couple yards up the road there is a trail that takes you all the way back to the creek. You can follow that all the way back to the food plot. I've found some decent sign back there by the creek.
Yea I went back that way as well. You will find a whole lot more sign where I told you. That place all through there is torn up. A couple of times I went there I actually could smell them, the wind was right and I just knew I was gonna see some but didn't. You will be blown away with all the sign you will see there. Evwrytime I went there was sign everywhere

Tom1957

Yea I went back that way as well. You will find a whole lot more sign where I told you. That place all through there is torn up. A couple of times I went there I actually could smell them, the wind was right and I just knew I was gonna see some but didn't. You will be blown away with all the sign you will see there. Evwrytime I went there was sign everywhere
I sent you a pm

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I found plenty of fresh signs,old signs,trails into the thicket but no hogs
Tom, I applaud your efforts! I’ve gotten lucky a few times out there and I saw my first bear in the wild, close to where you described that you go! Boy I’ve smelled them many a times and reading this thread, it sounds like own personal adventures. I’m wondering if you ever got one. Did you? The trip to Oaky Woods was not in vein, I got lucky there one time too. Man don’t give up! WHEN you get one, you’ll be so stoked it’ll be worth every fail…..every one! Best of luck going forward! We’ll be chasing them in no time!

Tom1957

Tom, I applaud your efforts! I’ve gotten lucky a few times out there and I saw my first bear in the wild, close to where you described that you go! Boy I’ve smelled them many a times and reading this thread, it sounds like own personal adventures. I’m wondering if you ever got one. Did you? The trip to Oaky Woods was not in vein, I got lucky there one time too. Man don’t give up! WHEN you get one, you’ll be so stoked it’ll be worth every fail…..every one! Best of luck going forward! We’ll be chasing them in no time!
Thank you! I never got one, going back soon as it comes back in.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thank you! I never got one, going back soon as it comes back in.

We’re not sure what’s going on with Pinelog’s ownership cept Aubrey corp is selling. I pray we can still go there, we’ll see. I’m typically on the west side but go pretty much everywhere out there. Some of the best walk abouts I’ve had were parking at the check station and walking up the creek. Also if you go up the main road til it gets to that bottom(Davis branch) I’ll follow that branch to stamp creek….or go the other direction and I’ve seen lots of action there too.
The north end is my favorite place perhaps, but I need to get well inside which is a challenge when the gates are closed……..they’ve been closed a lot lately even during seasons. Pinelog’s hogs are not the brazen hogs destroying farmers crop down south, but rather survivors! They are everywhere and nowhere at the same time! Paulding forest is similar in many ways, but definitely worth going! Don’t be afraid to spend a day or three at Cohutta too. Cohutta is must see North Georgia wilderness! I saw a Monster pig up there!

Tom1957

We’re not sure what’s going on with Pinelog’s ownership cept Aubrey corp is selling. I pray we can still go there, we’ll see. I’m typically on the west side but go pretty much everywhere out there. Some of the best walk abouts I’ve had were parking at the check station and walking up the creek. Also if you go up the main road til it gets to that bottom(Davis branch) I’ll follow that branch to stamp creek….or go the other direction and I’ve seen lots of action there too.
The north end is my favorite place perhaps, but I need to get well inside which is a challenge when the gates are closed……..they’ve been closed a lot lately even during seasons. Pinelog’s hogs are not the brazen hogs destroying farmers crop down south, but rather survivors! They are everywhere and nowhere at the same time! Paulding forest is similar in many ways, but definitely worth going! Don’t be afraid to spend a day or three at Cohutta too. Cohutta is must see North Georgia wilderness! I saw a Monster pig up there!
The best place I ever hunted hogs was in Sparta Georgia. It was on private land, but it's full of hogs.

Antfinn88

Hopefully they can hang on to pinelog. It's very pretty out there. It's about 45mins from me so I've shifted my attention to paulding and sheffield as they are only about 20 mins away. I'm looking forward to getting back out there in about a month when small game opens!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Hopefully they can hang on to pinelog. It's very pretty out there. It's about 45mins from me so I've shifted my attention to paulding and sheffield as they are only about 20 mins away. I'm looking forward to getting back out there in about a month when small game opens!
I’m just the opposite. I’m about 20-25minutes to the log, but about 45 to paulding……I have seen much more sign at paulding lately. I got a spot or two out there I like to hang out

EDH

I've never hunted Paulding before, would you say there's more hogs there than Pine Log

I’ve been hunting Paulding Forest for over 30 years and have yet to see one. Granted I’ve never targeted them. I hunt mostly south of 278 and I hear there is a bigger concentration of them in the northern parts of the wma.

Tom1957

I heard there were some pigs in there, but I actually have no idea where to hunt it. I found out earlier this week the place I hunted in Sparta was sold. That stinks! There were so many hogs there it was unbelievable! I'm going to ask a friend of mine who had hunted Paulding before and I can let yall know what he says

strothershwacker

I use to find hog sign on pine log all the time till folks on here started talking about em. I love gon forum but nothing ruins a honeyhole faster!