Pine log hogs

Antfinn88

I see some sign here and there, but haven’t smelled a pig out there in a while. I’ve seen lots of sign at Paulding,but never seen a pig. Smelled them one time.

I found a ton of sign at paulding. Even got one on the trail cam but never really found them. I'm determined to find them once small game season starts!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
When does small game season start
I got same question. The eregs just came out but I don’t see anything saying “small game”. I basically just looked for the log to see if it was listed…..it is thankfully!. Small game may be the dog rabbit training thing listed, I don’t remember exactly what it says, but it didn’t say small game.

Antfinn88

I got same question. The eregs just came out but I don’t see anything saying “small game”. I basically just looked for the log to see if it was listed…..it is thankfully!. Small game may be the dog rabbit training thing listed, I don’t remember exactly what it says, but it didn’t say small game.

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Last year it started August 15th but yeah this year it's just listed as dog and rabbit training. I'm gonna swing by paulding to get a new regs book this morning and I might see if DNR is out there or give them a call to get some clarification.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Yes I was thinking the same thing. Last year it started August 15th but yeah this year it's just listed as dog and rabbit training. I'm gonna swing by paulding to get a new regs book this morning and I might see if DNR is out there or give them a call to get some clarification.
I was at Wally World yesterday and no mag yet.

Mark R

Wonder why they didnt list small game dates ? So if a Qouta hunt aint happening its small game all season ? thats my understanding

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Wonder why they didnt list small game dates ? So if a Qouta hunt aint happening its small game all season ? thats my understanding

No clue, but I would much rather they list the small game dates.

That's the way it should now work. Unless that particular WMA says something different, it's open during the state season as long as a big game quota is not going on.

Although, when I look at Ossabaw it says nothing about small game being allowed or not and I know they don't allow small game hunting. Doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy about WMAs that I may not be familiar with.

HogKillaDNR

Pigs move weird on Pinelog. They are in the bottoms during the nights and up on the ridges during the days.
That is weird for sure. How's the heat on those ridges during the day?

Tom1957

All the signs I found were in the bottoms, but they probably come there at night. Hunting the ridges are pretty hard walking up in them. I found so many signs around creeks but not many on the ridges,but I only tried that one area.

Tom1957

I was talking about Arrowhead in Armuchee, by Rome. I looked on the website and they said we could hunt there. Just wondering if anyone hunted there before

Latest posts