Pinelog and memory lane

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Pinelog was the first place in GA I’ve ever hunted. I’ve been going there for close to 20 years. When I moved from Florida back in ‘97, I thought my hog hunting days were behind me. No worries, I moved to Oakwood and there was a Lake Lanier boat ramp only a few minutes from the house. We got a bass boat and I spent my outdoors time on the lake. I moved to Acworth a few years later and my best friend also moved to GA. I think by chance we picked up a hunting regs magazine at Walmart one day. As we skimmed through it, it was though time stood still. We could hardly believe our eyes and the opportunities in front of us……and the fact they were so close this whole time!
A few years ago I was headed to the corner of the dove field during Turkey season. I remember what a great morning this was, even though I didn’t have the proper firearm to go after them. I should have killed a Turkey that am too…….that’s another story

May not be able to hear me….

Antfinn88

Wow man that was a bunch of them! That was from a few years back? Or recent?

I was bummed I didn't get one off paulding or sheffield this year, but I'm thinking about heading down to Ft. Stewart to try my luck. I was tempted to just do a guided hog hunt in South Georgia but I really wanna track them down myself and learn.

Hopefully Pinelog is around for many more years to come. That was the first WMA I ever went to and it would suck to never get back out there.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wow man that was a bunch of them! That was from a few years back? Or recent?

I was bummed I didn't get one off paulding or sheffield this year, but I'm thinking about heading down to Ft. Stewart to try my luck. I was tempted to just do a guided hog hunt in South Georgia but I really wanna track them down myself and learn.

Hopefully Pinelog is around for many more years to come. That was the first WMA I ever went to and it would suck to never get back out there.
That was quite a few years ago! When I first started going there, they always seem to show up near the dove fields. Turkeys too, but lately all I see are Hawks….