Pinhoti Dave Tube question

Gaswamp

Did I see Dave Owens playing a tube upside down in a recent episode?

ssramage

Which episode? The one I watched with him in GA he had it the standard way that I know (latex up, opening down).

deast1988

Did I see Dave Owens playing a tube upside down in a recent episode?

He uses a Mark Prudhomme, tube. I don’t believe it has a lip stop. All plastic latex.

Dupree

Once a blue moon he uses a tube,pot or wing call, but not a lot.
He has been using a tube a lot in recent videos. The year before he was using a trumpet a decent amount. Never seen him use a wingbone.

fountain

Whatever it is the fanboys will buy it all up.
They already are…notice all the new post on the forums and fb groups about tube calls recently. Last year it was the trumpets. Clay Townsend said it was a madhouse on his end the day he released the trumpet video last year.

Gadget

Whatever it is the fanboys will buy it all up.

That's funny.
He killed 2 birds in Big Cypress last week, now riding all over in there trying to get more for his buddies he's camping with. In the last few years that place has been inundated with youtubers and out of state hunters and most locals give all the credit to him.....lol. Not only that most of the out of staters used to primarily hunt in the one section where you could drive a dot vehicle into but now they are hiring locals to take them into the other sections on swamp buggies with all their gear and hunting way back in there where most of the private land camp owners and locals hunt. Not going over well with many local guys to say the least. Locals are campaigning for changes like going to quota hunts and rules to limit access to out of staters. Some are very influential people so they might make something happen

Last edited:

deast1988

That's funny.
He killed 2 birds in Big Cypress last week, now riding all over in there trying to get more for his buddies he's camping with. In the last few years that place has been inundated with youtubers and out of state hunters and most locals give all the credit to him.....lol. Not only that most of the out of staters used to primarily hunt in the one section where you could drive a dot vehicle into but now they are hiring locals to take them into the other sections on swamp buggies with all their gear and hunting way back in there where most of the private land camp owners and locals hunt. Not going over well with many local guys to say the least. Locals are campaigning for changes like going to quota hunts and rules to limit access to out of staters. Some are very influential people so they might make something happen

He’s been getting limits for a while there, then carrying all his buddy’s to get limits also. Just like all good things come to end. These youtubers chasing views, putting the over looked spots on the Map. JayMax shot 1, hit his channel yesterday 6.5miles deep on several thousand dollar Ebike to get there. Any WMA worth a flip, will have to go qouta only across the entire place. With how The YouTube channels are popping off. Even western elk hunting youtubers, have slammed some ground with so much traffic you can’t get to the animals.

fountain

He’s been getting limits for a while there, then carrying all his buddy’s to get limits also. Just like all good things come to end. These youtubers chasing views, putting the over looked spots on the Map. JayMax shot 1, hit his channel yesterday 6.5miles deep on several thousand dollar Ebike to get there. Any WMA worth a flip, will have to go qouta only across the entire place. With how The YouTube channels are popping off. Even western elk hunting youtubers, have slammed some ground with so much traffic you can’t get to the animals.
It won’t be that you can’t get to them, the pressure will have them pushed completely off. It will be great for adjoining land owners

Riverrat84

Do those electric bikes have valve stems? Walked my tale off last year twice just to get where I wanted to be just to walk up on one of the electric bikes. Both times on roads closed to vehicle access and not a vehicle parked anywhere in sight. Just curious for no particular reason if they have valve stems?

trkyhnt89

That's funny.

Florida needs to figure something out. The panther refuge hadn’t been hunted since Hurricane Andrew….. they gave out 30 quotas and I’m sure out of staters we’re able to apply. I’ve killed them on public down here but thankful I’ve got plenty of private to get away from the “public land owners”.

Gadget

Do those electric bikes have valve stems? Walked my tale off last year twice just to get where I wanted to be just to walk up on one of the electric bikes. Both times on roads closed to vehicle access and not a vehicle parked anywhere in sight. Just curious for no particular reason if they have valve stems?

So your thinking about cutting people's valve stems who ride ebikes, that's a good way to get shot in the face with a turkey load.....good luck with that

Gadget

Florida needs to figure something out. The panther refuge hadn’t been hunted since Hurricane Andrew….. they gave out 30 quotas and I’m sure out of staters we’re able to apply. I’ve killed them on public down here but thankful I’ve got plenty of private to get away from the “public land owners”.

Yes they let out of staters apply, but probably few were drawn. Let's just say that the random drawings may not be totally random. And also why lots of locals are pushing for Big Cypress to become a draw hunt. All land owners would be exempt.

Last edited:

deast1988

Those Ebikes can cost $5,000+ good luck on sabotage. Craziest thing I’ve ever read on this forum. Hunters helping hunters and now you got a guy wanting to tamper with folks property.

Gadget

I just had to throw this up here for laughs.

Dave has switched his tag out for an old expired Florida tag trying to hide from people....lol. This has all been shared through the "Local Network" everyone knows his truck and about the tag so its not working. Also lots of people know where he's been hunting, can't hide when you publish all your stuff on the internet and everyone knows who you are...haha.

Last edited:

SC Hunter

That's a grand way to find out who's the biggest and baddest right then and there. We'd be fighting and I would be trying to hurt the person.

Absolutely disgusting that you're mad enough to ruin someone's personal property because they can afford an electric bike and you can't. Or too tight to buy one. If you'd rather walk so be it but don't get mad when they ride by you.

Last edited: