PLOT DISSAPOINTMENT

Jim Boyd

I finished off our farm this past weekend and planted a little over an acre on our leased ground today.

rain or no rain you know what you get if you don’t plant.

NADA

on our place the deer are in there like thieves. You will see 15-25 every afternoon.

Feed ‘em up.

ChattBuck

Total rainfall from now through 7am tomorrow.

qpf_acc.us_se.png

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’m on the Troup/Harris co line and planted the same day as you and was pleasantly surprised at what mine looked like yesterday . Sure could use a shower though

Me too but mine are pitiful. I planted the day of the rain event and right now I got more red dirt than green sprouts. In fact the only thing that's up is the wheat and a little clover. I may top everything off with some more clover seed.

Ihunt

Some of mine look pretty good and some look down right pitiful. I really don’t know how it will do if we get enough rain. Maybe it will turn green and maybe it will not.

Ihunt

Sorry. Double post. Website is being silly.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Last few days rain chances for Tuesday/Wednesday went from 30/20 to 50/50 to 70/60...now back at 50/50! I'll just wait and watch ;)

Some of mine look pretty good and some look down right pitiful. I really don’t know how it will do if we get enough rain. Maybe it will turn green and maybe it will not.
Hopefully some of that is just amount of sunlight plots are getting. I’ve got one that’s pretty shaded most of the day that doesn’t look great but has better soil conditions and holds moisture better. Hopefully, once the leaves get off the trees, it will pop

First drop of rain in over 50 days hit my property last night. The ground soaked it right up. Hopefully the plots start performing better.

Ihunt

Hopefully some of that is just amount of sunlight plots are getting. I’ve got one that’s pretty shaded most of the day that doesn’t look great but has better soil conditions and holds moisture better. Hopefully, once the leaves get off the trees, it will pop
While I like your positive attitude I’m afraid that’s not the case. The better ones have some shade and the pitiful ones have more light. They’re thirsty. Very thirsty.

Mackie889

Was happy to wake up today and see that we got .15" of rain at my farm in SW Georgia. Before that the plots were doing surprisingly well (not great, but doing well enough that the deer are feeding on them). Wheat, oats, clover and turnips were popping up fairly well before the recent rain. Can't wait to see this weekend what effect this rain had. Praying for more on Sunday. Planning to plant my 3 perennial clover plots and more of the fall / winter plots early next week. ??????

Big7

The Oracle
No place to plant a plot this year but I spent some major bucks on the lawn in the last 4- 6 weeks.

Finally got a stand of grass up enough to rake the leaves off. I'm having to battle a massive leaf drop in addition to shade and very little water.

I raked and watered the front and one side today and put out a little more sun/shade fescue, Creeping Red Fescue and ryegrass today. The back and other side is healthy Zoysia.

Looks like I'll be watering for the next 10 days if we don't get some rain. City water so I get charged sewage based on water usage, even though it's going on the lawn and not in the sewer.