PLOT DISSAPOINTMENT

Mackie889

Just got the rest of my plots (3 clover plots and 3 fall / winter mix) planted. Bad thing is ... no rain forecasted for the next 10 days! The green is the strip I was able to plant a couple weeks ago. I only planted the strip because the farmer's workers accidentally planted cotton in the area behind the corn where I was supposed to plant my plots. He told me to harrow up the cotton and plant what I wanted, but I told him I'd wait until he harvested because of his costs to plant (cotton seed, fertilizer, pesticide / herbicide). The original strip is doing well with the little rain it has received. Everything is popping up ( rye, oats, soybeans, winter peas, brassicas, clover, etc.). Now I need some rain for the bigger plot too!

Attachments

• A6F47720-BE07-4B4B-AB02-E89ABE685156.jpeg
    A6F47720-BE07-4B4B-AB02-E89ABE685156.jpeg
    591.5 KB · Views: 18

sghoghunter

We planted ours three weeks ago and have had one decent rain since but turkeys and doves took a toll on a lot of seed. Plans are to hit it with a dose of nitrogen Friday if I see 100% green on the radar

furtaker

We haven't had a lot of rain but we've had a couple of decent showers and ours actually turned out very well.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
We have had less than 1 1/2" of rain since the end of August. Hoping for a good soaking this week. I will see how ours turned out on Friday.

K80Shooter

I have another 2-acre plot to do tomorrow, then I'll be through.

smitty

Seed in Hancock has been setting over a month tilled in the dirt waiting for some moisture .Missed every patch of moisture last 4 weeks hoping we get a good rain to get them out ground...

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Planted about a month ago into pretty much powder. Oats, brassicas and some clover. It’s been sitting there waiting, finally got 1.75 inches of rain this week and things are starting to sprout. They’ve had plenty of acorns to eat on around here while waiting on the plots though.

ABF1988

Mine have been tilled under since first week of October , finally got a rain in Sparta and it’s starting to come up ! A lot of leaves on top but the deer are in it so we shall see how it does !

Attachments

• 038C464B-FD0B-4B82-BC9D-2BDAC53DFD7B.jpeg
    038C464B-FD0B-4B82-BC9D-2BDAC53DFD7B.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 15