Point ID

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I’m still trying to wrap my head around holding something in my hand that was made +\- 4000 years ago

It`s a feeling that is hard to explain. Every time I find one, when I pick it up I feel like I gained the strong medicine that point carried in it. And if it is a Paleo point, it`s even more special. To me anyway. I do have a couple of favorites.

campboy

It`s a feeling that is hard to explain. Every time I find one, when I pick it up I feel like I gained the strong medicine that point carried in it. And if it is a Paleo point, it`s even more special. To me anyway. I do have a couple of favorites.
If my memory serves me correctly I found this point in a pine forest after a dozer had cleared a path. Back in my land surveying days

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If my memory serves me correctly I found this point in a pine forest after a dozer had cleared a path. Back in my land surveying days

That`s always a good place to look, especially after a good rain. Any time you see disturbed soil, look close. Points can turn up anywhere. A place many never look is the rootball of a big tree that has been blown over. And on those rootballs, go back and look again after every rain. As dirt gets washed away, it exposes more and more.

campboy

That`s always a good place to look, especially after a good rain. Any time you see disturbed soil, look close. Points can turn up anywhere. A place many never look is the rootball of a big tree that has been blown over. And on those rootballs, go back and look again after every rain. As dirt gets washed away, it exposes more and more.
Yes sir. It may have been you that said many a point were made under the shade of a big oak

ghadarits

I’m still trying to wrap my head around holding something in my hand that was made +\- 4000 years ago
I agree it’s pretty cool holding the main tool that they used to make their living. They were tough people not a bunch of sissies like we’ve evolved into now. Those guys were super hard core.