Polk, Floyd, and Haralson County

What are some of yalls past experiences with hunting in these counties? What does the deer population look like? And what kind of deer can I come to expect to see, as far as body, antler length and mass? Post pictures of deer if you have them. Thanks!

mike1225

I have seen a 151,146, & a 131 that was broke up. The 131 would have been in the low 140s. All three were killed in Polk. That's just some I know of. These were all gross scores. Nets are for fish. Yes a lot of people shoot small bucks but we are not a trophy managed county so that's just the way it is. I see the same bucks quite often but have not seen one I wanted to shoot.

ryanh487

Polk doesn't have many that are all that impressive, but there are some good ones around. The racks on our club either tend to be on the taller side with less width, or on the wide side with less tine length. There are a fair amount of deer, but Polk definitely isn't overrun with them. You'll have to hunt hard if you're after trophies, especially this time of year. Second rut should hit around Christmas though. The deer on our club are nocturnal this time of year, but we see a fare amount in the dawn and dusk hours either in the fields or in the travel corridors between the fields and bedding areas.

RutthenStrut

I am actually hunting in Haralson county as we speak. I own the property I hunt. Good bucks are not plentiful but there are a few around . I lease property in Meriweather county and prefer to hunt their by far. If you are looking to lease property here in hopes of killing big bucks, I would recommend you find another county but there is a lot of deer to be seen if your meat hunting.

GL

I own 40 acres in Buchanan, I see pretty good deer but its always at night on the drive home. I heard there was a 15 pointer killed this week.

RutthenStrut

I own 40 acres in Buchanan, I see pretty good deer but its always at night on the drive home. I heard there was a 15 pointer killed this week.

I live in Buchanan also but I could not tell you about a 15 pointer being killed........ Big troup county buck was brought to steve turners this week.

I live in Buchanan also but I could not tell you about a 15 pointer being killed........ Big troup county buck was brought to steve turners this week.
where at in Buchanan? and the guy working the little convenience store off antioch told me about it. I know there was a 140+ took off Cobb mountain opening day.

Trapnfish

in rome the population used to be good we would see deer every hunt and during the rut there would be rubs and scrapes everywhere and tons of gunshots all around in gun season that was 3 years ago and ever since then the population has got smaller and smaller until now where we have seen 6-8 small rubs year and haven't seen very many deer at all this season we heard only a couple gunshots instead of at least 4 every morning all season

Sterling

For a minute there I thought the subject line said "Pink Floyd & Haralson County."

Barfolomew

I hunt Haralson and the hunting is pretty poor. Lots of brown it's down hunters and I'm pretty sure the locals poach a fair amount. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of respect for property ownership and we get a fair amount of trespassers and anything they find that isn't locked up or bolted down, they'll steal. Only reason I stay on the less is because it's cheap, relatively close and I get along with rest of the guys on the lease.

RutthenStrut

I hunt Haralson and the hunting is pretty poor. Lots of brown it's down hunters and I'm pretty sure the locals poach a fair amount. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of respect for property ownership and we get a fair amount of trespassers and anything they find that isn't locked up or bolted down, they'll steal. Only reason I stay on the less is because it's cheap, relatively close and I get along with rest of the guys on the lease.

I am not a brown it down hunter but can respect the rights of hunters that do. My problems are the lack of respect my neighboring hunters have for fellow hunters. They drive down access rd with windows down and radio on during hunting hours..... Slamming doors and talking @ the truck....unloading portables .... All this @ 7:30 in the morn on a small access road that circles behind my property from the main rd. Not to mention the trash they leave where they park @

RE185

I live in Paulding and leased some property in Haralson County for a couple of years me and my neighbor.saw few deer actually I think I saw more poachers walking around on our property then deer.it was like a freaking WMA most of the time get tired of it would steal your deer stands trail cameras anything else you left in the woods.one Saturday we pulled into our parking area and realized some kids from the neighborhood down the road had built a fort by using leg size pine trees that belong to the paper companywe called them and told them about it and they said they would look into it they weren't really worried about it