Pot Luck Supper @ "The Dan"

dutchman

The TBG Dan Quillian Memorial State Shoot will be held on March 17-18 At Holliday Park on Clarks Hill Reservoir. We'd like to have us another Pot Luck Supper on Saturday evening, March 17. We will start at 7:00 p.m. at the pavillion, just like last year. This thread will serve as our sign up sheet for what folks will commit to bring.

In addition to the things we will be eating, we will also need the following items:

Sweet Tea
Unsweet Tea
Other soft drinks
Ice
Plastic Cups
Paper Plates
Napkins
Plastic Eating Utensils

Your food items can be something that you made with your own hands or had your spouse to make. It can even be store bought.

Over the past couple of years, our Pot Luck Supper has become one of the highlights of our annual State Shoot. Let's make this year's supper one to remember!

If you bring a food or drink item to share or supplies for the supper, see me when you get to the meal to have your name included in a drawing for a nice door prize. Only those folks who bring food, drink, or supplies for the potluck supper will be eligible for the drawing.

Ok, tell us what you'll bring and I'll start a list on this initial post and keep it updated as folks add to it.

The List

Main Dishes
Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya- Dutchman
Brunswick Stew - Dennis
Boston Butt - RogerB
Pork Tenderloin & Vegetables - Jake Allen
Boston Butt, 'cause you can never have too much pork - Necedah
Bacon on bacon - Buckbacks
Surf N Turf - Buckbacks
Chicken Brunswick Stew - Morning Hunter
Bucket of chicken - Charlie 2 Arrow
Venison tenderloin w/ horseradish sauce - Leon Scott
Chili - Red Arrow

Side Dishes
Suicide Potatoes (cooked with bacon, 'cause you never go wrong by adding bacon)- Dutchman
Baked Beans (with bacon, 'cause you can never go wrong by adding bacon) - RogerB
Mac & Cheese - Jeff Kitchens
Bacon - Buckbacks
Vegetable dish - HatchetbowDan

Salads and the like
Asian Cole Slaw - Jake Allen
Jalapeno Cole Slaw - GordieF
Potato Salad - TNGirl
Bacon - Buckbacks
Cucumber Salad - Allen Rosen

Bread
Rolls - TNGirl
Bacon - Buckbacks

Desserts
Strawberry Cobbler - Dutchman
Coconut Cake - TNGirl
Brownies - Grayseal
Turtle Triffle - Jeff Kitchens
Bacon - Buckbacks
Brownies - Morning Hunter
Cookies - Hogdgz
Chocolate Chip Cookies - Red Arrow

Drinks
TNGirl
Sweet Tea - Morning Hunter
Tea - Hogdgz
Soft Drinks - Hogdgz

Ice
Grayseal

Supplies
Plates - TNGirl
Plates - Chris Horsman
Cups - TNGirl
Cups - Chris Horsman
Bacon - Buckbacks
Bowls - Morning Hunter
Bowls - Chris Horsman
Bowls - Red Arrow
Spoons - Morning Hunter
Utensils - Chris Horsman

Last edited:

Jake Allen

Please, count me in sir!

Dutch Oven Pork Tenderloin and Vegatables
Asian Cole Slaw

TNGIRL

coconut cake, potato salad, drinks, rolls, and will pick up some cups and plates.

Necedah

Put me down for a Boston Butt to. There can never be enough pork.

Dave.

RogerB

Gone but not Forgotten
Can I bring just Bacon? You can add it to anything...

You can't hurt anything with bacon! :rofl: But you do have to bring something to add it to. :clap: It will go lighter on you if you deside what else to bring, rather than letting Dutchman pick for you.::ke:

SELFBOW

You can't hurt anything with bacon! :rofl: But you do have to bring something to add it to. :clap: It will go lighter on you if you deside what else to bring, rather than letting Dutchman pick for you.::ke:
Put me down for Bacon wrapped in Bacon w bacon on the side.::gone:

SELFBOW

Guess I will do my surf n turf n the dutch. Sausage and shrimp and I guess I'll add some Bacon to it. It will also have onions.green peppers and mushrooms.

TNGIRL

bacon goes with about anything!!!!!!:fine:
And just because a name is down for that food item doesn't mean you can't bring more of it, like breads, drinks or ice, the things we always need extras of!!!!:cool: