Prayer request

HawgWild23

I was just asking about the driver been praying for him also. Glad to see she is one more step closer to coming home. God is good ALL the time.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
UPDATE - Wednesday 3/2: Paige was moved to Shepherd Center (spine and brain trauma recovery hospital) today for rehab and PT. I knew it was going to be a good day for her when she asked the ambulance crew if they could stop for fast food. Her initial eval at Shepherd was excellent, she even joked with the doc. When done he turned to us and said "She's a lot further along than the report from Grady said. She won't be here long." Words a Dad loves to hear.

She's got a few weeks of PT, speech therapy, etc., but all indications are for a full recovery. Thanks to all my GON brethren, new and old, for the prayers. My humble gratitude to you all.

Sargent

I knew it was going to be a good day for her when she asked the ambulance crew if they could stop for fast food.

That made my day!

Glad to see she is on the mend.

Prayers for the driver as well.

rjcruiser

UPDATE - Wednesday 3/2: Paige was moved to Shepherd Center (spine and brain trauma recovery hospital) today for rehab and PT. I knew it was going to be a good day for her when she asked the ambulance crew if they could stop for fast food. Her initial eval at Shepherd was excellent, she even joked with the doc. When done he turned to us and said "She's a lot further along than the report from Grady said. She won't be here long." Words a Dad loves to hear.

She's got a few weeks of PT, speech therapy, etc., but all indications are for a full recovery. Thanks to all my GON brethren, new and old, for the prayers. My humble gratitude to you all.

Praise God!!!

Continuing to pray for her recovery and all that were involved in the wreck.

dwhee87

Update - Tuesday 3/8: Paige has been at Shepherd for almost a week. She's almost regained her voice (lost from the breathing tube pressing on her vocal chords), and is working on regaining her leg strength and balance. She's getting around in a wheel chair, but I'm told that is temporary. She maintains an unbelievably positive attitude; always smiling, joking with the staff, and being her usual outgoing self in meeting and talking to other patients on the unit. I don't know that I could do the same in her situation. As I see some of the other patients there, I realize how fortunate she is that her injuries we not worse, and am now a firm believer in Divine intervention.

One of her friends set up a Face Book prayer page for her, and it had over 700 members within 2 days. I've gotten emails from friends and family as far away as Africa and Costa Rica sending their prayers. The spiritual lift these prayers have given our family is beyond description. Thank you all for being a part of it.

Goddard

I don't post on here a lot, but prayer when asked. I have been praying for Paige and her family. I have also included the young man driving. So glad to hear that her attitude is so great and she is doing so well. God bless!

dwhee87

Update: March 22, 2011

It has been quite a week. Paige has been at Shepherd Center for almost a month, and her recovery has been astounding. She got her voice back about a week ago. Got her acceptance letter to Kennesaw State on Monday. She walked today unassisted for the first time since the accident. They have even given us a "pass" to take her to an orientation this week at KSU. She's got to go in a wheel chair, but she's OK with that. Her doctor said he sees no reason not to plan on college this fall. . She's scheduled to be released this Saturday. She'll still have a month or two of rehab, but a full recovery is expected. Her goals for the last several weeks have been 1) go to prom, and 2) walk in graduation. Looks like she'll accomplish both.

Her accident, and the fact her seat belt saved her life, has been much discussed among her friends. One friend of hers who never wore one decided she should start, and the next day was in a roll-over accident and walked away. They say there is purpose for everything. Maybe hers is to educate her peers to be safer drivers.

Her mother and I spent many long nights sitting by her bed, holding her hand, praying. The many thoughts and prayers from all over helped give us the emotional strength we needed to persevere. Thanks to the GON community for your spiritual support.

HawgWild23

Update: March 22, 2011

It has been quite a week. Paige has been at Shepherd Center for almost a month, and her recovery has been astounding. She got her voice back about a week ago. Got her acceptance letter to Kennesaw State on Monday. She walked today unassisted for the first time since the accident. They have even given us a "pass" to take her to an orientation this week at KSU. She's got to go in a wheel chair, but she's OK with that. Her doctor said he sees no reason not to plan on college this fall. . She's scheduled to be released this Saturday. She'll still have a month or two of rehab, but a full recovery is expected. Her goals for the last several weeks have been 1) go to prom, and 2) walk in graduation. Looks like she'll accomplish both.

Her accident, and the fact her seat belt saved her life, has been much discussed among her friends. One friend of hers who never wore one decided she should start, and the next day was in a roll-over accident and walked away. They say there is purpose for everything. Maybe hers is to educate her peers to be safer drivers.

Her mother and I spent many long nights sitting by her bed, holding her hand, praying. The many thoughts and prayers from all over helped give us the emotional strength we needed to persevere. Thanks to the GON community for your spiritual support.

I missed this but AMEN. Just came here to check and see how she is doing. I have been thinking and praying for ya'll.

Core Lokt

Glad to hear you little girl is doing great and at home. Still praying for a full and speedy recovery.