Prayer request

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Update, Friday, Feb 25. I honestly was hopeful she'd be home by now. She is progressing but slowly. She had a pretty good day today, very lucid and writing notes on paper to communicate. They've turned the vent down to the lowest setting and she's basically breathing on her own with a little pressure assist to keep her lungs inflated. They are telling us if she can keep it up and continue to improve, they may be able to extubate her before the weekend's out. All good news, but, man, it's tough on her old man. Thank you all for your continued prayer. They are helping me and her mother as much as they are her.

rjcruiser

Update, Friday, Feb 25. I honestly was hopeful she'd be home by now. She is progressing but slowly. She had a pretty good day today, very lucid and writing notes on paper to communicate. They've turned the vent down to the lowest setting and she's basically breathing on her own with a little pressure assist to keep her lungs inflated. They are telling us if she can keep it up and continue to improve, they may be able to extubate her before the weekend's out. All good news, but, man, it's tough on her old man. Thank you all for your continued prayer. They are helping me and her mother as much as they are her.

Awesome news. Prayers will continue.

georgia357

Glad to hear she's doing better. Prayers sent.

dwhee87

Update - Sunday, Feb 27th. Paige was pretty lucid through the night, even channel surfing with the remote. The docs came around about 7:30 and said she was ready to be extubated as soon as she was fully awake. At 8:30, her nurse came in, checked on her and went and got the doc and the resp. therapist. They checked her again and said, "let's do it". They pulled the tube at 8:45. She's doing great right now, smiling, and communicating using the text function on my phone. She can't speak, because the tube has stressed her vocal cords, but docs say that'll wear off in a day.

All of you have no idea what your prayers meant to her, her mother and me. I do believe they have been answered. We as a family will pay it forward. Thank you.

Sargent

Awesome!

Continued prayers for a complete recovery.

Fishin & Hunting

Thanks for the updates.

Prayers will continue.

Bassngal

Will continue to pray

speedcop

Faith is the only law made available to us that supercedes the laws of nature. prayers sent, stay strong in christ!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Great to hear she is on the mend. My Prayers continue!

StriperAddict

I rejoice with you on the latest news, thanks for sharing!

Illinoisbound

God is good! I have 2 girls & a boy of my own and can't imagine how hard this has been on you and your family. We are all so blessed to have a loving God to take care of us. It is funny how God will use times like this when we are scared the most or the ones we love are hurting to show His awesome healing power or just to teach us something.
Keep us posted on her progress and we will continue praying for Paige, you and your family.
God Bless!

HawgWild23

How is the driver doing I know you said he was uninjured but I am sure he has a heavy hart from what has happen.

dwhee87

Update, Monday, 3/1: She was moved to the general floor early this morning. I could not stay with her, because it was a double room. Grandma was there and spent the night. She's getting moved to the Shepherd Center tomorrow to start rehab and PT. Supposed to be one of the best in the country. We're through the immediate crisis, now on to getting her back on her feet, back to school, etc.

The driver was uninjured, but from trading emails with his parents, is devastated about Paige's injuries. Once she gets settled in at Shepherd, he's going to come visit. He has been in our prayers, too.