Pre-hunt traditions

DynamicDennis

What is your tried and true pre-hunt tradition?? My dad and hunting buddies started a thimble of Jagermeister before hitting the woods. Before I get chastised for drinking before hitting the woods, we are talking about less than a swallow. Takes the toothpaste taste out of your mouth before hitting the woods. Really hate the stuff, but has become a tradition over the last 15 years. Don't feel right without it.

What is your tried and true pre-hunt tradition?? My dad and hunting buddies started a thimble of Jagermeister before hitting the woods. Before I get chastised for drinking before hitting the woods, we are talking about less than a swallow. Takes the toothpaste taste out of your mouth before hitting the woods. Really hate the stuff, but has become a tradition over the last 15 years. Don't feel right without it.
You brush your teeth before the morning hunt? We clean ours with coffee!

DynamicDennis

Coffee gets the licorice taste out of your mouth after the jager. Then its time to head to the head, hopefully.

Hunt hard during the last 2 weeks in October, always pays off!

Wifeshusband

Check weather channel, or now, weather app. Coffee, Little Debbie, Hostess Twinkie, apple-turn-over (whatever-something sweet and not good for you), four shells, no more no less (useless to take more, bad luck to take one).

If it's late in the season, and I'm skunked, I pull out an old green heavy flannel shirt (that I've killed half-a-dozen deer wearing) and wear it until I kill a deer. This is an absolute last resort, as I do not like to abuse traditions and good luck charms. I have some superstitions but I don't want to confuse them with pre-hunt rituals and traditions. To each his own.

catch22

Before the bullet goes in my gun I shake it next to my ear to make sure I hear powder. My dad used to do that and I watched him do it every time he loaded his gun. Reckon I do it out of habit. Never had a bullet that I didn’t hear powder. Lol. But I’ll continue to do it because he does/did.