Pressure Washer

Barfolomew

I think I'm going to need to purchase a pressure washer in the near future. I don't really want a gas powered one because maintaining another engine isn't on the top of my list of things to do. I also suspect that electric pressure washers are just this side of useless.

Anyone have experience with the electric pressure washers?

StriperrHunterr

What will your main use be? I've used a few electric ones and you're right in that they don't typically have the power of gas-powered, but for light applications they do fine. It is nice to not have to go fill up the tank or can on large projects, but the lower power makes those take longer, so there's a balance to be struck.

GoldDot40

I have a Sun Joe that I've had for a couple of years. It does just fine for the concrete patio, driveway, outside furniture, and vinyl siding. Mine also included a foam cannon attachment that works pretty good for washing vehicles. It's not as strong as my gas B&S powered Troy Bilt unit, but it's still has plenty of uses.

Barfolomew

What will your main use be? I've used a few electric ones and you're right in that they don't typically have the power of gas-powered, but for light applications they do fine. It is nice to not have to go fill up the tank or can on large projects, but the lower power makes those take longer, so there's a balance to be struck.
Main use would be for cleaning my deck before applying stain.

madsam

just got an electric PW from Lowes. My wife loves it. Easy to use , not loud ,no gas
easy to move around. Greenworks 2000psi. Does a respectable job.

hopper

Main use would be for cleaning my deck before applying stain.
I use my electric for that exact reason, not as powerful as my bigger honda I use on the job but for small things around the house I am a fan and it always works?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Get a 3000 psi with a Honda engine and only use non ethanol gas.
Hardly any maintenance.

We sell a 4000 psi, 4gpm with a Honda engine and an aluminum frame. They hold up real well. IIRC, it has a 4 year warranty on it.

bnew17

I have a Ryobi 3000psi i got from HD a few years ago. Cranks up everytime. I wouldn't consider an electric one unless you have some real light work.

Doboy Dawg

Northern Tool sells two different heavy duty electric pressure washers that are good machines. They have commercial grade Cat pumps and usually Leeson or Baldor motors. They have a 220v model and a 120v models.

The dealership I used to work for used them washing cars. We ran them 7-8 hours a day 5 days a week with good reliability.

I have a 13hp Honda powered pressure washer that has carburetor issues. My next pressure washer will be a Northern Tool electric. My friend just bought a 220v model and uses it at his mechanic shop daily. He’s had no issues with it. The 220v model is louder than the 120v model but still much quieter than a gas powered.

In my opinion for around the home and shop I like the electric better. If I was traveling and using it for work I’d deal with the gas powered and it’s issues.

Dr. Strangelove

Just pressure washed the concrete patio, lawn furniture and grills with a Greenworks 1800psi electric borrowed from a family friend. It did what I wanted it to do without damaging anything, actually one of the ladies cut her hand with it because she wouldn't listen.

It knocked off the funk without taking everything down to bare metal or concrete. I don't think I'd want to use one of the 4000psi models for just general knocking the mold and algae off lawn furniture and the patio. Lawn furniture looked like new and the patio looks awesome.

Redbow

just got an electric PW from Lowes. My wife loves it. Easy to use , not loud ,no gas
easy to move around. Greenworks 2000psi. Does a respectable job.

I bought the same one madsam has this past Monday at Lowe's. It does a great job on vinyl siding, just what I needed. I'm impressed with it, and it was 50 bucks off for labor day.

specialk

if you're only going to use it no more than twice a year rent it....

acurasquirrel

I just bought a greenworks 3000 psi electric. It runs a 15” surface cleaner just fine. It’s probably on par with an entry level gas unit. I have converted all my lawn care to electric and couldn’t be happier. No more dealing with gas, carburetors and broken pull cords.