Prophetic? NIL ending predicted?

weagle

Well good.to know your so happy about the death of a sport we all loved AND all the things that the revenue generated by supported. I for one believe it to be a shame that all those opportunities will be lost.
I'm happy because it won't be the death of the sport.

If at some point in the future the sport dies, it will be for reasons other than the talent getting paid.

The schools will make as much or more money than they are making now. The pie is just getting bigger.

There are proposals under consideration to resolve the out of control transfer portal. Players committing to 3, 4 and 5 years will stabilize the teams so it seems more like the "good ol' days"

I'm confident the next decade will be good for the sport.

Now if they can just get rid of that stupid targeting rule :)

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Title.IX will not change. That would take an act of Congress, literally, and they ain't touching nothing like that. They, the NCAA and schools are trying to shoe horn a size 28 foot into a size 3 ballet slipper. Ain't gonna fit. These boosters aren't about to start ponying up $30000/ea for swimmers and divers or equestrians just so they can pay football players. And the football players are now ENTITLED to that money so you know not only are they not going to share, they're going to want more. It won't be long and they'll all be expected to be PAID, not some "trust" to be given to them at some nebulous point in the future, but paid NOW, NFL type salaries. And there certainly no way they can afford to pay water polo players that kind of money even IF they wanted to.

It will only end the way I've predicted from day one, with certain schools divesting their football, and eventually basketball, teams to form a semi pro, NFL/NBA Lite. It's the only way to get around Title IX.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Title.IX will not change. That would take an act of Congress, literally, and they ain't touching nothing like that. They, the NCAA and schools are trying to shoe horn a size 28 foot into a size 3 ballet slipper. Ain't gonna fit. These boosters aren't about to start ponying up $30000/ea for swimmers and divers or equestrians just so they can pay football players. And the football players are now ENTITLED to that money so you know not only are they not going to share, they're going to want more. It won't be long and they'll all be expected to be PAID, not some "trust" to be given to them at some nebulous point in the future, but paid NOW, NFL type salaries. And there certainly no way they can afford to pay water polo players that kind of money even IF they wanted to.

It will only end the way I've predicted from day one, with certain schools divesting their football, and eventually basketball, teams to form a semi pro, NFL/NBA Lite. It's the only way to get around Title IX.
I only read your first sentence because your WRONG. go back and actually read the article. There’s more news of it today. The ncaa is planning to allow universities to pay players.

ddgarcia

I only read your first sentence because your WRONG. go back and actually read the article. There’s more news of it today. The ncaa is planning to allow universities to pay players.
It's irrelevant what the NCAA says or does. Title IX is FEDERAL LAW and even the NCAA must abide by it. And what Title IX says in basic terms is that for every action taken on part of a male athlete an EQUAL action MUST be taken on part of a female athlete for any institution that takes federal funding. ALL of these schools do, and are not about to give them up.

That is the loop hole that allowed NIL. It's NOT the "institutions" paying the players, but these private "collectives" and it has led to the slow moving train wreck that we are watching.

Read the following to get some sense of what Title IX means and the the NCAA and universities can't supercede it.

The women are suing over facilities. What do you think will happen when football players start getting paid and they don't? And do you really think these institutions, and their supporters, are going g to be willing, let alone ABLE, to pay a women's beach volleyball player what they're paying football players???!!!

MudDucker

Staff member

Actually, the get paid now, but it is pitance in the form of living expenses.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
It's irrelevant what the NCAA says or does. Title IX is FEDERAL LAW and even the NCAA must abide by it. And what Title IX says in basic terms is that for every action taken on part of a male athlete an EQUAL action MUST be taken on part of a female athlete for any institution that takes federal funding. ALL of these schools do, and are not about to give them up.

That is the loop hole that allowed NIL. It's NOT the "institutions" paying the players, but these private "collectives" and it has led to the slow moving train wreck that we are watching.

Read the following to get some sense of what Title IX means and the the NCAA and universities can't supercede it.

The women are suing over facilities. What do you think will happen when football players start getting paid and they don't? And do you really think these institutions, and their supporters, are going g to be willing, let alone ABLE, to pay a women's beach volleyball player what they're paying football players???!!!
Again, you didn’t read my link. The universities WILL be allowed to pay players. In all sports across the board. And yes, the female athletes will get paid the same as the star football players

ddgarcia

Again, you didn’t read my link. The universities WILL be allowed to pay players. In all sports across the board. And yes, the female athletes will get paid the same as the star football players
I read your link and you are simply misunderstanding what it says. The NCAA already allows, by court order, them to be paid. What the NCAA is trying to do, is maintain control and keep their fingers in the pie that is MAJOR CFB/BB. They disallowed payment in the past to try to keep a "level" playing field among the schools. Now all they are doing in their "benevolence" in maintain control of the cash cow that is college athletics. Football and basketball are the 2 revenue generators that make everything else possible. WHEN, not IF but WHEN, the Universities divest those teams to form NFL/NBA Lite leagues, they're, both the Universities AND the NCAA are going to lose all(most really because the teams will still lease the Name and facilities from the universities to try to maintain that connection) of that revenue and it will be the death of college athletics and the NCAA(National Collegiate ATHLETIC Association). Without college sports there is no need for an NCAA and without major CFB/BB there is no (well much, MUCH) less money for college athletics.

So to summarize, all.they are doing by "allowing" the players to be paid is trying to maintain oversight of major CFB/BB and control of the cash it generates. In s8mple terms, they're fighting for their FINANCIAL LIVES. And to a lesser extent, college athletics as a whole.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I read your link and you are simply misunderstanding what it says. The NCAA already allows, by court order, them to be paid. What the NCAA is trying to do, is maintain control and keep their fingers in the pie that is MAJOR CFB/BB. They disallowed payment in the past to try to keep a "level" playing field among the schools. Now all they are doing in their "benevolence" in maintain control of the cash cow that is college athletics. Football and basketball are the 2 revenue generators that make everything else possible. WHEN, not IF but WHEN, the Universities divest those teams to form NFL/NBA Lite leagues, they're, both the Universities AND the NCAA are going to lose all(most really because the teams will still lease the Name and facilities from the universities to try to maintain that connection) of that revenue and it will be the death of college athletics and the NCAA(National Collegiate ATHLETIC Association). Without college sports there is no need for an NCAA and without major CFB/BB there is no (well much, MUCH) less money for college athletics.

So to summarize, all.they are doing by "allowing" the players to be paid is trying to maintain oversight of major CFB/BB and control of the cash it generates. In s8mple terms, they're fighting for their FINANCIAL LIVES. And to a lesser extent, college athletics as a whole.
They will be paying ALL student athletes. I just don’t go along with your conspiracy theory. It’s much like your political views. OUT OF TOUCH

ddgarcia

They will be paying ALL student athletes. I just don’t go along with your conspiracy theory. It’s much like your political views. OUT OF TOUCH
Title IX says it has to be EQUAL. Do you really think they're going to pay a female water polo or beach volleyball player what they paying a football or basketball player? Thise sports ONLY exist as college sports because of the revenue generated by CFB and BB. Once the universities divest those teams, the major ones at least that will be viable as NFL/NBA Lite, the money will go with them and POOF!!!!, no more(or very little relatively speaking) financial support.

Look, all y'all that THINK this is/was a good thing believe it will have a happy ending for whatever reason you want to believe that. I have been right so far and time will show that I was right all along. I'm NOT happy about it, I loved college ball, but the path has been chosen, I was given no say in it and it will end where I have always said it will. Again, not happy about and I'm certainly not gloating about being right, I REALLY wish I was wrong, but I'm not.

The only question I don't know the answer to is how will the majority of fans and boosters/supporters/money men react to it. If they're ok with NFL/NBA Lite, then the league will survive and thrive. If not it will dry up and shrivel on the vine as all the rest have done before. And if I had to pick, I'd say NBA Lite does better than NFL Lite only for the fact I think some kind of NBA Lite already exists? Don't know, don't watch that stuff.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Title IX says it has to be EQUAL. Do you really think they're going to pay a female water polo or beach volleyball player what they paying a football or basketball player? Thise sports ONLY exist as college sports because of the revenue generated by CFB and BB. Once the universities divest those teams, the major ones at least that will be viable as NFL/NBA Lite, the money will go with them and POOF!!!!, no more(or very little relatively speaking) financial support.

Look, all y'all that THINK this is/was a good thing believe it will have a happy ending for whatever reason you want to believe that. I have been right so far and time will show that I was right all along. I'm NOT happy about it, I loved college ball, but the path has been chosen, I was given no say in it and it will end where I have always said it will. Again, not happy about and I'm certainly not gloating about being right, I REALLY wish I was wrong, but I'm not.

The only question I don't know the answer to is how will the majority of fans and boosters/supporters/money men react to it. If they're ok with NFL/NBA Lite, then the league will survive and thrive. If not it will dry up and shrivel on the vine as all the rest have done before. And if I had to pick, I'd say NBA Lite does better than NFL Lite only for the fact I think some kind of NBA Lite already exists? Don't know, don't watch that stuff.
Again, I only read the first sentence. Yes, that’s the proposal the ncaa is making. $30,000 per athlete through a trust fund. It may not turn out exactly like they’ve proposed but it’s coming in some form. Educate yourself. You look like a fool

ddgarcia

Again, I only read the first sentence. Yes, that’s the proposal the ncaa is making. $30,000 per athlete through a trust fund. It may not turn out exactly like they’ve proposed but it’s coming in some form. Educate yourself. You look like a fool
Never said it wasn't. All I'm saying in a very short time CFB isn't going to be CFB any more. Go back and reread the links I posted and what I quoted from them WITHOUT your emotions involved. I'm in agreement that "pay for play" is coming(in greater form than what is out there already), where we differ is y'all believe nothing will change and I'm saying everything is going to change.

So far everything I have said is coming true and I predict will continue to. Major CFB, the Dawgs, Buckeyes, Longhorns, Crimson Tide, Wolverines, et. al. will be college teams IN NAME ONLY. They will form their own league separate and apart from the universities and NCAA and will play and NFL style format amongst themselves and no longer play any of the rest of what's left. And they will take the majority of the revenue they generate with them to that league separate and apart from the universities and NCAA. ALL the NCAA is attempting to do in their "benevolence" is position themselves to still be the governing body of that new league but since they will be college teams in NAME ONLY I don't see that happening. More likely the will either form their own governing body or just blend in with the NFLPA and leadership.

You don't have to like it, I certainly don't, and you can deny it all you want, but it's coming. You can rest assured of that. Of course you already know that, you just think it's still going to look the same as it always has. Again, keep believing that if you like but I've been right so far. Only time will tell if I continue to be so but I have no reason to change my predictions.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Never said it wasn't. All I'm saying in a very short time CFB isn't going to be CFB any more. Go back and reread the links I posted and what I quoted from them WITHOUT your emotions involved. I'm in agreement that "pay for play" is coming(in greater form than what is out there already), where we differ is y'all believe nothing will change and I'm saying everything is going to change.

So far everything I have said is coming true and I predict will continue to. Major CFB, the Dawgs, Buckeyes, Longhorns, Crimson Tide, Wolverines, et. al. will be college teams IN NAME ONLY. They will form their own league separate and apart from the universities and NCAA and will play and NFL style format amongst themselves and no longer play any of the rest of what's left. And they will take the majority of the revenue they generate with them to that league separate and apart from the universities and NCAA. ALL the NCAA is attempting to do in their "benevolence" is position themselves to still be the governing body of that new league but since they will be college teams in NAME ONLY I don't see that happening. More likely the will either form their own governing body or just blend in with the NFLPA and leadership.

You don't have to like it, I certainly don't, and you can deny it all you want, but it's coming. You can rest assured of that. Of course you already know that, you just think it's still going to look the same as it always has. Again, keep believing that if you like but I've been right so far. Only time will tell if I continue to be so but I have no reason to change my predictions.
He's Right You Know.jpg

ATLFalconsfan80

All FBS players will be getting paid when this video game comes back out next year. The last one to come out was 2014, where they used the players image and likeness and number. The new one will be using their names as well

Ncaafootball_easports_logo.png

Latest posts