Public fishing locations

SgtRC

Is there a resource that list all the lakes that are open for public fishing? I prefer smaller lakes and ponds since I have a 12 foot boat with electric trolling motor.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I see the the OP is apparently from the Douglasville are BUT you might conside planning a camping trip with a few days of fishin a s well if you decide to visit this location. Just click on the ABOVE LINK PROVIDED BY DSGB and you can read all of the details. There is a McDuffie Public Fishing Area that I have frequented very often during the past few months especially due to this virus etc.

If you click on the above link, then just look for McDuffie Public Fishing area . It is located approximately 3 miles south of Dearing, Georgia which is just southeast of Thomson, Georgia. It is also only 24 miles from me here in Augusta.

It is a beautiful place that has the grass all around well trimmed for easy access and it has 7 different ponds/lakes that cover approximately 102 acres total and this entire area covers approximately 500 plus acres to the best of my knowledge. They are have a fish cleaning station as well.

They also have a small camping area as well and covered docks, several uncovered fishing platforms, several loading ramps to launch boats etc.

These 7 ponds/lakes range in size from some that are smaller like maybe 5 acres up to the largest one that is about approximately 37

THIS IS A WELL KEPT FACILITY AS I HAVE BEEN THERE ABOUT 20 TIMES OVER THE PAST YEARS AND IT WAS ALWAYS VERY CLEAN. THEY ALSO HAVE BROCHURES THAT WILL TELL YOU THE NAME AND SIZE OF EACH POND ETC AS WELL.

Quite frankly, it is so spread out that you really don't have to worry about someone fishing right beside you either and I have never had anyone within 50 yards of me so far.

All of this area is either bank fishing etc OR only with "Electric Motor" fishing only.

I do know that even during the week during decent weather, there are always quite a few people fishing there.

Last edited: