QAD HDX or Limbdriver Pro V

Kris87

Limbdriver for me. Easier to setup. Tunes better.

rjcruiser

The only advantage the QAD has is full containment...which...to me doesn't outweigh the benefits of the limbdriver.

Limbdriver for me.

gcs

I have not used the limbdiver rest yet. I have been using the QAD HDX without any problems or tuning issues. I like the full containment of the QAD HDX for hunting.

bamaboy

I bought my LimbDriver Pro V and installed it and tuned it about 8-10 minutes. Best hunting rest I have ever used!!! Easy to mount, very easy to tune!!

660griz

I have not used the limbdiver rest yet. I have been using the QAD HDX without any problems or tuning issues. I like the full containment of the QAD HDX for hunting.

Same here.

hmaadd

I wish someone would post a picture of the knot they use to attach to limb. Mine keeps slipping.

rjcruiser

I have a little rubber arrow holder on my shelf which gives me containment until I draw. After that, it is up and off the shelf, so no containment.

Kris87

I tie it with a half hitch knot. I like using BCY 24 as it ties a good knot and won't come loose.
IMG_20130621_193556_573_zpsd154363c.jpg

Kris87

That's basically a d loop knot. U can also see I use the rubber thingy, but place it on top of double sided tape. The glue on that rubber will move in heat, but not when on that piece of tape. I've also just tied it to the limb with just the tape. It won't move that way either.

BowChilling

I have used the QAD for years now but recently bought a Limb Driver Pro V. I do like it better and it is a breeze to set up. If you are worried about the arrow containment on the Pro V then I don't know what you are doing when you are drawing your bow. You'd have to stand on your head to have your arrow come out!

660griz

If you are worried about the arrow containment on the Pro V then I don't know what you are doing when you are drawing your bow. You'd have to stand on your head to have your arrow come out!

If you have ever chased elk in the Rockies, you would know how important containment is.

BowChilling

If you have ever chased elk in the Rockies, you would know how important containment is.

I have! :cheers: And if I ever go back I won't have a worry with the Pro V. While I agree it isn't fully secured like the QAD I believe you'd have to try pretty hard to have it put you in a off rest situation.

Brian from GA

Another one to add to this list is the Trophy Taker Smack Down Pro. Very easy to set up and tune and it comes with a rubber piece to attach to the limb to prevent the knot from moving. It's also $25.00 cheaper than the QAD.

denbow

I've always used QAD's but I have an Obsession Fusion 6 on order and I am going with the Limb Driver Pro V on it.

660griz

I have! :cheers: And if I ever go back I won't have a worry with the Pro V. While I agree it isn't fully secured like the QAD I believe you'd have to try pretty hard to have it put you in a off rest situation.

I am going back this year. And you know ol Murphy and his law. :)
I am still nervous about a drop away as it is. I may have to take a long bow as a backup. :)