Question. 2 questions

1gr8bldr

i'm upgrading my rig from my old 987c Humingbird side imaging to a new unit so I got to thinking about my extensive waypoints marking everything from hazards, holes, structure and trails etc, Anybody know if I can transfer to a Garmin?
Also, i wanted to look and see if I had marked one particular trail into a near impossible honey hole. so i went out to my boat, powered up the unit... after some trouble, and expected to be able to pull up where I was, scroll 45 miles to this particular spot and see if I had it marked. But, I could not get any GPS. I was in my tin roof building. I seem to recall that I had done this before? Or, does any canopy block a reading? Or, is something not working properly?

Bonus, Anybody else here ever invested in the Relion marine Lithium battery. I can't recall for sure, but I think I only got 4 to 5 years from mine before I found it dead today, this after topping it off full charge just a few days ago. At $1200, 5 is not enough to justify the weight savings. They led me to believe I would get 8 minium, maybe 12 years. What have others got from theirs?

Taco4x4

I have transferred from a Humingbird to a Lowrance before by use of a SD card. Check out the Garmin website and see if its and option. I use my Humingbird in the yard sometimes with no problem. It is probably the tin roof blocking your signal. You will need to hook your boat up and pull it out enough to clear the roof. I have heard of those high dollar Lithium batteries. They say you need a charger made for that type of battery. A standard on board charger wont work. What charger are you using.

doomtrpr_z71

i'm upgrading my rig from my old 987c Humingbird side imaging to a new unit so I got to thinking about my extensive waypoints marking everything from hazards, holes, structure and trails etc, Anybody know if I can transfer to a Garmin?
Also, i wanted to look and see if I had marked one particular trail into a near impossible honey hole. so i went out to my boat, powered up the unit... after some trouble, and expected to be able to pull up where I was, scroll 45 miles to this particular spot and see if I had it marked. But, I could not get any GPS. I was in my tin roof building. I seem to recall that I had done this before? Or, does any canopy block a reading? Or, is something not working properly?

Bonus, Anybody else here ever invested in the Relion marine Lithium battery. I can't recall for sure, but I think I only got 4 to 5 years from mine before I found it dead today, this after topping it off full charge just a few days ago. At $1200, 5 is not enough to justify the weight savings. They led me to believe I would get 8 minium, maybe 12 years. What have others got from theirs?
If you have huminbird pc you can transfer the waypoints to the SD card and then you can copy the waypoints as a GPX file to your pc. The garmin will overwrite the card when it formats it if you stick it straight into the garmin. You can format a new card in the Garmin first and then transfer the GPX file to the new card and then use it on the Garmin.

Limitless

This is good info on the issue. Q: I have always heard the garmin has a totally different code and any other software, like navico for example wont work on it. Does that apply to downloading from a different manufacturer's machine?

doomtrpr_z71

This is good info on the issue. Q: I have always heard the garmin has a totally different code and any other software, like navico for example wont work on it. Does that apply to downloading from a different manufacturer's machine?
If you can get your waypoints to GPX, any machine will read them more or less.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
This is a snapshot of EasyGPS's device select menu.

1584028312210.png

1gr8bldr

I pulled it out of the shop today. GPS worked. I pulled the battery out. Manufacturer date was the 12 month of 2015. Essentially 4 years old.

1gr8bldr

I have transferred from a Humingbird to a Lowrance before by use of a SD card. Check out the Garmin website and see if its and option. I use my Humingbird in the yard sometimes with no problem. It is probably the tin roof blocking your signal. You will need to hook your boat up and pull it out enough to clear the roof. I have heard of those high dollar Lithium batteries. They say you need a charger made for that type of battery. A standard on board charger wont work. What charger are you using.
I purchased the specific charger from them when I bought the battery.

1gr8bldr

Shouldn't be a challenge for a 12 year old.

::ke:::ke:
I can reason things out... Like a tractor... I can think whatever through... and fix it. Technology... I feel helpless

Latest posts