question about hammock tree seats

strothershwacker

Like others have said learn how to set it up. FOR YOU. I'm 6'4" 230lbs and like my knees high. That means strapping it to the tree at my waist heighth with the top of the seat bunched up not stretched wide on the strap. I like the stick fully extended for the recliner like feel. I recently started using a foam cushion in it and man what a difference! It's one of the best hunting products I've ever bought. I practice shooting my bow out of it as well. I like how the one stick allows me to pivot to the left or right for a more comfortable shot. At less than 2lbs, it's hard to beat.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
When you sit down. If you begin to lean to one side. You just adjust the location of the foot a little.

Like anything else. It takes a little practice, to figure out how you like it.

Otisman

I left mine (single pole) in the garage the first year I got it. Wasn’t comfortable. Gave it another try the next season and learned how to set it up so that it is comfortable. I like it second best only to my climber. Wasn’t aware of the 2 pole until a couple weeks ago. I’m gonna try it next year.

stubrew

I got one this season and did not like the way it sat. It sounds now, though, like I’ve been strapping it too high. I’m gonna give it another shot.

tree cutter 08

Yes it takes practice to figure out what's the most comfortable. I try to set mine as low as I can. Also, this year depending on terrain I may not stick the adjust shaft against the base of the tree. I may set it out anywhere from 2 or 3 inches to 8 or 10 inches away from the tree. Sorta like a crooked table leg.

fishnfool

I love mine as well. It's all about how you set it up, once use to it you can do it in the dark first time. I wouldn't care for the two pole myself because with the single pole I can shoot 360° with very little movement. That single pole will dig in if set right.

jlt4800

I love mine,makes all the difference in the world though if it's not set up right on the tree.
I also use a long sleeve camo tshirt behind mine tied around the tree so when I move around it doesn't make any noise.
Very comfortable....although I will have to try the cushion next time.

Bkeepr

I have the single stick hammock seat, I love it! I can walk a lot farther with it versus a heavy climbing stand. I also have a camo Grand Trunk backpacking hammock and an even lighter Grank Trunk Ultralight hammock. They are comfy too. They weight next to nothing and the Ultralight is the size of a medium potato.