question for the older Atlanta folks

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I remember seeing David Allen Coe at the Agora ballroom.Evans fine foods on Candler road,The BBQ place up the hill from the Glenwood drive in.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
There was an Evans Fine Foods on North Decatur Rd too.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hemingways, Cotton Club, Texas Tea Room, Mamas Country Showcase, Timothy Johns, Johnny's Hideaway. All great spots back then.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Hemingways, Cotton Club, Texas Tea Room, Mamas Country Showcase, Timothy Johns, Johnny's Hideaway. All great spots back then.

Don't forget Rumors. Same spot as Ron Kimble's Texas Tea Room IIRC.

Rabun

I remember the beef cellar well. And a little place right around the corner called Steverinos. One Eyed Jacks downtown, penny beer night at the Mad Hatter in underground. Three for one at Travelors...if you haven't finished your bevi, just grab a go cup on top of the cig machine on the way out. Buckhead Saloon was a happening place. Good ol Days flower pot sandwiches and a pitcher of beer....dang I miss the Good ol Days!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
What was the imitation snow skiing place called?Used to go there then to steak and ale.

Rabun

I think it was an apartment complex off of Akers Mill road not too far from River Bend apartments. I remember going to a couple of rugby parties there. They had a wooden slope covered with astro turf and little round plastic balls for snow. Can't think of the name of the place though. Reminds me of the polo fields off of columns road off of Johnson Ferry which was one of the fields Old White and the Renegades played some of their matches. Shoot I remember when the Johnson Ferry bridge over the river was one lane and Parkaire Mall was an airport. Dang I am old...

treemanjohn

Banned
My sister worked at Steverinos for years

The old ski slope was in Vinings overlook. Almost at 285 if memory serves. You skied on plastic bbs