Ram cat ?

bacon6

I was talking with a guy at an archery shop and he was telling me that Ram Cat Original broad heads changed something in their blade design and now they don't fly nearly as good. Anyone have any knowledge of this/ feedback, I was going to make the switch to them this year but not so sure now. Thanks

Kris87

They haven't changed anything in the blade design or shape of the original Ramcat. They came out with a new head, the Diamondback, that is a true fixed blade head to comply with the states that won't allow moveable blades. I have not shot the new head so I can't comment on its flight ability, but I've read it flies great. I know the original is the best flying head I've ever shot and I've shot it for 4-5 years now.

Brewskis

LOL. I'm not on the Ramcat 'prostaff' or part of the recent Obsession-related migration to Ramcats :D.

However, I've always shot the 'original' design, and will continue to this season. They fly great! They also offer a 'single bevel grind' and a model called the 'diamondback', but I have no experience with them. Perhaps, one of those two are the model you were told doesn't fly as well as the 'original', and someone with experience shooting them can either confirm or debunk what you've heard.

chefrific

My second year shooting Ramcats. Love them out of my crossbow. However, They do NOT shoot the same as my field points. But then again, no broadhead I've ever tried really does. Once I fine tune sighting in the ramcats they shoot more consistent than any other head I've tried.
50 yards from a rest below...

20160810_183747_zpswtplg7y9.jpg

bowhunterdavid

After testing them in the back yard last night at long ranges they will be in my quiver this year for sure, and I have been a rage shooter for years.

LipRip'r

After testing them in the back yard last night at long ranges they will be in my quiver this year for sure, and I have been a rage shooter for years.

Original or diamondbacks?

Johnny 71

Junebug
I've been shooting the original head for two or three days, great flying head

bacon6

Thanks for the feedback guys I'll be giving them a try

BowanaLee

I was talking with a guy at an archery shop and he was telling me that Ram Cat Original broad heads changed something in their blade design and now they don't fly nearly as good. Anyone have any knowledge of this/ feedback, I was going to make the switch to them this year but not so sure now. Thanks

Not sure of any changes. I've been trying them out in my backyard targets. So far, so good. I should know by the end of September if they are any good ? ...Stay tuned ! :bounce:

satchmo

Nothing has changed except for the addition of the diamond head (completely fixed)to satisfy the state of Oregon. There's a single bevel that's been out for three years but that won't change how they fly.

Brad30110

Deleted link, not embedded. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator: