Realistic Dream Hunt

BigBass123

The LFTT moose edition got me thinking, what’s everyone’s bucket list trip? And if it doesn’t match up, what’s the most realistic/reasonable destination and species you want to cross off?

Dall sheep in Alaska is for sure at the top of the list for me. Considering the hunt is currently at 40k, unlikely I ever do it.

Wyoming antelope look like a lot of fun to me, and one I should be able to get after one of these days.

Toliver

I want to hunt with my hero @Jim Thompson.

Actually any whitetail hunt in Iowa, Missouri, Illinois or Ohio where it's open farm or woodland and the fees are reasonable and they don't charge the ridiculous trophy fee on top of the hunt fee.

hunter 85

For me it’s a rut elk hunt in Co but anywhere out west somewhere.

Realistic hunt is a whitetail hunt in western Ky, and maybe a Rio and Merriam turkeys.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I’ll add this.
Those of you with dreams of doing these hunts and other bucket list items………… JUST DO IT !!!!

Don’t wait until you’re too old or not able.
If you have the desire then figure out a way !!!

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Any number of plains game hunts in Africa, especially Kudu, Impala, or Gemsbok.

specialk

there was a feller from Missouri or Kansas on here yrs ago that rabbit hunted. he'd post pics of 30-50 rabbits a day hunts out there....that would be me dream, to go hunt where there are lots of bunnys......

Darkhorse

Private ranch elk hunt with my .54 flintlock during the rut.
I've tried but never got drawn. I also haven't found the just right place to go.
Moose, any american sheep, too expensive and I'm to old and in bad shape.
Antelope possibly, add mule deer.
Midwestern trophy whitetail.
I'll be ready let's go.
But it's not likely as I'll need help now.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
there was a feller from Missouri or Kansas on here yrs ago that rabbit hunted. he'd post pics of 30-50 rabbits a day hunts out there....that would be me dream, to go hunt where there are lots of bunnys......
When I was raising beagles in AR met a guy who had pics of a Kansas rabbit hunt. 4 dog pack and rabbits were stacked deep on the tail gate. If you don’t mind an old fat man for company I’d love to do that sometime before I get much older.

earlthegoat2

Definitely not whitetail. I can hunt those out my backyard or on my land here in GA. Midwest giants don’t entice me. There might be one hiding around the next tree right here.

Greater kudu is probably close to my dream hunt and then maybe African water Buffalo (Cape buffalo).

Like many here though, economics will dictate our “dreams” and western pronghorn is the lowest cost of entry these days.

I’m a meat hunter first though so different locations or animals are not my first motivation. That was why I went after a Nilgai earlier this year. I heard they were the best tasting wild animal in NA. The hunt was very attainable for the average Joe as well.

huntfish

I’m a meat hunter first though so different locations or animals are not my first motivation. That was why I went after a Nilgai earlier this year. I heard they were the best tasting wild animal in NA. The hunt was very attainable for the average Joe as well.
Did you go to the King Ranch for Nilgai?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Moose and caribou. Elk and antelope. Some of those Texas exotics like blackbuck and nilgai. Or an African trip for plains game-the real deal, not sitting in a hut watching a waterhole on a high fence place.

fatback

IMG_5559.jpegIMG_5542.jpegIMG_3642.jpegIMG_3514.jpegIMG_5947.jpegIMG_3435.jpeg
For those dreaming of plains game in Africa, here is a little inspiration. It is surprisingly “affordable” in relative terms of other big game hunting opportunities. There are deals to be had if you look for them. My next “dream hunt” is I hope to draw a tag to be able to hunt mountian goats on Kodiak Island, Alaska. I’ve hunted Alaska a couple of times but is been a while ago. I hope I draw soon as those mountains ain’t getting any shorter and I’m not getting any younger. The idea of getting up and down those mountains keeps me motivated to keep working out and trying to stay in some type of shape. Whatever those dreams are, do everything you can to make them happen, you never know when our time and opportunities might just run out. Keep dreaming and striving to achieve them.