Realistic Dream Hunt

menhadenman

The LFTT moose edition got me thinking, what’s everyone’s bucket list trip? And if it doesn’t match up, what’s the most realistic/reasonable destination and species you want to cross off?

Dall sheep in Alaska is for sure at the top of the list for me. Considering the hunt is currently at 40k, unlikely I ever do it.

Wyoming antelope look like a lot of fun to me, and one I should be able to get after one of these days.
Start buying preference points - $30/year and about five years you’ll have some options for a DIY hunt.

NCMTNHunter

Bucket list for me is a sheep hunt. Wouldn’t really matter where. Desert, Rocky’s, or Dall on would be fine with me. A two week backpack trip and killing on the next to last day would be ideal lol. Realistically I would just like to be able to haul my dogs around the country chasing birds without the time constraints of real life.

HunterJoe24

As a guide in Alaska I hear several times a year hunters saying they wish they had done their dream hunt younger. If you have a dream hunt you want to do find a way to make it happen while you still can! Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Big7

The Oracle
As a guide in Alaska I hear several times a year hunters saying they wish they had done their dream hunt younger. If you have a dream hunt you want to do find a way to make it happen while you still can! Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
Yep....

And even if you "THINK" you are in decent shape at 60, number one, you're probably not :LOL: and you're DEFINITELY not in as gooda' shape as you were at 30 or 40 years old.

I'm already wishing I had went younger- and I ain't even been yet. It keeps me awake some nights.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My cousin in Kentucky has a place on his wall for his first elk…..so far no luck getting a tag. I’m trying to convince him to go west and do a public land hunt. My dream hunt would be to go and film him, maybe help call in his dream elk. This is a “realistic” dream hunt for me.
My personal dream would be halibut fishing and checking crab traps in Alaska,….probably not realistic though.