Recoil Issues

Sniper Bob

downsize to the 500 S&W MAG Handi-Rifle.....recoil like a 12 gauge 2 3/4" buckshot and plenty of knockdown power.

seaweaver

What did you decide to do?
do I need to start saving my money? :)

I'm sure you are reloading the .375...I don't know too many people willing to pay $48/20...
Why not reduce and lighten the loading?
Perhaps a cast bullet?
cw

golffreak

A .280 makes for a fine whitetail gun. You might also look at the 25-06. Both of those have limited recoil, with the
.280 having more knock down power.

Willi

What ever you choose I would suggest a air pad. Some call it a recoil pad. I shoot my 338 with 250-275gr. After first box I went thru i took it to a shop and had the stock cut and a air pad installed. I can shoot all day long now and shoulder feels fine. I never feel it when I shoot at game tho.
Good luck

Willi

miles58

Banned yankee
Trainmstr,

You can get light Barnes bullets in a few calibers that will give you all the performance you need and still not produce much recoil. A .270 Win. shooting an 85 grain Barnes can give you well over 300 FPS and do it with the recoil of a .243. If you lighten that load up a little and start it down at 2900 or so you still have a 250 yard flat shooter that will be down right pleasant to shoot.

Dave