Renamed Thread: Midwest Prep 2024 - Please join in and share your plans!!!

Shane Dockery

I know it's not Midwest, but did anyone put in for the Colorado draw? Couple of my hunting buddies and I put in for a mule deer tag. I'm the only one with multiple points, so for the game unit I should draw. We'll still buy the bull tag over the counter once we arrive. Put in for the second gun season.

Jim Boyd

I know it's not Midwest, but did anyone put in for the Colorado draw? Couple of my hunting buddies and I put in for a mule deer tag. I'm the only one with multiple points, so for the game unit I should draw. We'll still buy the bull tag over the counter once we arrive. Put in for the second gun season.

It’s close enough!!!

Good luck and we would love to see pics and know the details!

Big bold trip!

Shane Dockery

It’s close enough!!!

Good luck and we would love to see pics and know the details!

Big bold trip!
Thanks. I've been to this area before and had a great time. This is a first for trying to pull a mule deer tag. Excited to say the least. Love it out there!

Jim Boyd

Thanks. I've been to this area before and had a great time. This is a first for trying to pull a mule deer tag. Excited to say the least. Love it out there!

My buddies went and the images are awesome.

Shane Dockery

Beautiful scenery! Gotta catch up on my workouts though!

Attachments

• 20141017_133011.jpg
    20141017_133011.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20141016_150640.jpg
    20141016_150640.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20141018_101109.jpg
    20141018_101109.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20141022_182055.jpg
    20141022_182055.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 19

Jim Boyd

Stunning!

The land itself looks like a workout!

Jim Boyd

A month out now - in getting to the IL
farms for work, scouting, cameras and visiting landowners.

Betting some of the corn is in by now.

I know the cell cams are ready but I gotta start sorting through the herd of traditional cams to take also.

I feel it building!

slow motion

Had planned on getting up last weekend but my sister came in for a visit. Looking at wind direction app this morning and picked out the best stand location for the direction base on my observations of deer movement thus far. Last fall had a lot of wind out of the South. Didn’t have a place I was confident about. Now I've got a spot picked out for such by a heavy trail. East wind is gonna be iffy for an evening hunt but working on some ideas. Just not sure if they travel where I need them to.

Jim Boyd

Had planned on getting up last weekend but my sister came in for a visit. Looking at wind direction app this morning and picked out the best stand location for the direction base on my observations of deer movement thus far. Last fall had a lot of wind out of the South. Didn’t have a place I was confident about. Now I've got a spot picked out for such by a heavy trail. East wind is gonna be iffy for an evening hunt but working on some ideas. Just not sure if they travel where I need them to.

For us @ Charlies place, a south wind is semi-tough.

We seem to get a good bit of N and NW and those are both good.

Heck, just being there in November is good!

jimbar

I got back from my Missouri lease a couple of days ago. It sure was nice to enjoy a few more days of cool weather. Shot one gobbler, put up one ladder stand, and 5 cameras. We ate a lot of food, had a lot of laughs and made some good memories. When the batteries start getting low in the cameras we'll go back out and put up some more stands and pop-up blinds. Bucks are just starting to grow.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 860322065137421-100-4-04252024200802-W1002204.JPG
    860322065137421-100-4-04252024200802-W1002204.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 868032069622367-90-3-04252024083756-V-W1002902_445329255224076.JPG
    868032069622367-90-3-04252024083756-V-W1002902_445329255224076.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 14

Jim Boyd

I got back from my Missouri lease a couple of days ago. It sure was nice to enjoy a few more days of cool weather. Shot one gobbler, put up one ladder stand, and 5 cameras. We ate a lot of food, had a lot of laughs and made some good memories. When the batteries start getting low in the cameras we'll go back out and put up some more stands and pop-up blinds. Bucks are just starting to grow.

Absolutely a great report.

Congrats on the gobbler.

Nothing like memories - those are all we are gonna escape this world with!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Sounds and looks like a fine time in the spring woods. Congrats to you and Debbie on the birdie and the memories.

flatsmaster

We usually have S wind almost as much as N and NW … E wind very little thank goodness … if u can get them to travel where you need them head over to my farms and teach me … there playing chess while we’re still on checkers with the exception of my daughter they hunt her up !!! Good luck Dale on year number 2

There’s something I need to send up to my buddy in July or August if I can just remember what it is

Come on late Oct !!!!!!IMG_6537.jpeg

slow motion

We usually have S wind almost as much as N and NW … E wind very little thank goodness … if u can get them to travel where you need them head over to my farms and teach me … there playing chess while we’re still on checkers with the exception of my daughter they hunt her up !!! Good luck Dale on year number 2

There’s something I need to send up to my buddy in July or August if I can just remember what it is

Come on late Oct !!!!!!View attachment 1302487
Slips my mind what it might be you should mail. Sure it will come to me. Good luck brother.