Repossession

j_seph

Wife bought a car in 2014 through a buy here pay here type dealer. At the time she was a struggling single mom trying to make it. The vehicle after just a few months locked down. A mechanic had looked at it and informed her that this vehicle had issues before she ever bought it. She called them up, told them to come get it, she could not make payments on a car that did not run. Fast forward to the year 2021 she goes to purchase a vehicle and they say unfortunately with a repo on her equifax they cannot help her. That her credit is spot on, other than that.
When I looked it showed the repo was in 2017, funny thing is the deal started in early 2014. We have been together since 2015 and I have never seen this vehicle that they state was an involuntary repo in 2017. We went onto equifax and disputed it. Big dealer said give it 2 months and she could come back and pretty much buy whatever she wanted when it comes off.
Looking last night, it now says the vehicle was repo on Nov 2020. Any ideas how to swiftly and quickly get this off?
She has busted her butt, came out of the ashes so to speak to get everything back on track since her divorce, not losing her home and taking care of the kids, finishing her college, to being a successful teacher now for crap like this to jump up in our face.
TIA

greg_n_clayton

I thought a volunteer surrender didn't hurt you. I turned one back in years ago because the dealer told me the truck hadn't been wrecked. The front end wouldn't align. I worked for the Sheriff at the time. After some searching...I found that the Dad of a buddy mine's father had wrecked it. It didn't go against me when I gave it back to em.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I thought a volunteer surrender didn't hurt you. I turned one back in years ago because the dealer told me the truck hadn't been wrecked. The front end wouldn't align. I worked for the Sheriff at the time. After some searching...I found that the Dad of a buddy mine's father had wrecked it. It didn't go against me when I gave it back to em.
False! If that were the case do you know how many people would "voluntarily" let their car go back ?

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Wife bought a car in 2014 through a buy here pay here type dealer. At the time she was a struggling single mom trying to make it. The vehicle after just a few months locked down. A mechanic had looked at it and informed her that this vehicle had issues before she ever bought it. She called them up, told them to come get it, she could not make payments on a car that did not run. Fast forward to the year 2021 she goes to purchase a vehicle and they say unfortunately with a repo on her equifax they cannot help her. That her credit is spot on, other than that.
When I looked it showed the repo was in 2017, funny thing is the deal started in early 2014. We have been together since 2015 and I have never seen this vehicle that they state was an involuntary repo in 2017. We went onto equifax and disputed it. Big dealer said give it 2 months and she could come back and pretty much buy whatever she wanted when it comes off.
Looking last night, it now says the vehicle was repo on Nov 2020. Any ideas how to swiftly and quickly get this off?
She has busted her butt, came out of the ashes so to speak to get everything back on track since her divorce, not losing her home and taking care of the kids, finishing her college, to being a successful teacher now for crap like this to jump up in our face.
TIA
I would start with the dealer (if they're still in business) but a repo will stay on your credit report for 7 years.

StriperrHunterr

I had one account that charged off back in 2005 that would update itself to current year every 3 or 4. It took a lot of disputes with them (the credit card issuer), the reporting agencies, and threats of getting a lawyer involved for them to finally clear it.