Rocky boots will not back the boots they make!

SWAMPFROG

i have been using rocky boots for over 15 yrs. and have never had a problem until now. i have a pair of bear claws and the soles wore out, no big deal right, wrong. i called them to buy a pair of soles to use oem equipment. so they sent, for free, a set of soles. i put them on and all is good. i used them for 3 days and the soles started to fall apart. so i called rocky and they told me sorry sir, buy a new pair of boots. after multiple calls and 2 emails with pictures, i have not gotten a response , call back, email, NOTHING! is this how you treat good customers!? i will no longer be buying or using rocky equipment. they gave me the new soles and now they will not cover the garbage they sent me! has anyone had any issues with them before. i had a problem with cat boots years ago and they took care of the problem right away and covered the boots they make, with no questions. that is how you keep customers! merry xmas and happy new year!

Nimrod71

I think all boot makers have gone to this policy. Wolverines are just as bad. I just bought a new pair of Danners this week, I have and old pair I bought back in 1999 and they are still good, just heavy. I hope these new ones will last as long.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I had a pair of Rockey boots and the soles disintegrated; someone else told me that they had a pair that did the same thing.

bull0ne

Banned
Rocky is spelled '' C-h-i-n-a'' :whip:

They're junk...........and all leak like the titantic in a matter of weeks, if not days. :yawn:

dannyray49

boots

I had a pair of Rockys that were about 6 or 7 years old soles wore out. Called Rocky, gave csr serial # on boots. She said they would replace soles for free. Asked how long before boots would be returned. She said 6 weeks. Sent boots back and 6 weeks later they were back. Have had no problem with them leaking.

tbrown913

it took four years for my rockys to leak, and i just got a new pair when they did.

my most recent pair of boots is the irish setter boots, and they are more comfortable, and just as waterproof!

Robk

Swampfrog, how long had you been wearing the boots before the soles wore out??? the originals that is. if you got a year or more out of the boots then you got all they expect you to get. that you even got a new pair of soles out of them is good. there is no boot made today with any type of implied warranty that the soles will last more than a year and only then will they be covered by anything less then a spit sole. mere wear is considered normal now.

bat

I've had two pairs of Rockys. The first a good many years ago had the soles do just as you described, disintergrated. I kept the boots after finding out they only waranteed them for 1 year. I purchased another pair a few years back but every time those babies get wet the boot stink. Both pair wore great, the first pair was the best wearing boot I ever wore and it was a bear cat boot. Never had a problem with it leaking or this new pair but the newer one will stink.
I decided this year to bring back my old pair so I had them resoled. They wear great again but it cost me $50 to have them fixed. It's worth it to get the fit I wanted. Now I wear them more then the new one... Never did like stinky boots. :whip:

Grub Master

My Rocky snake books leak like crazy after a couple of seasons. Called Rocky and was told they would not do anything to help as they were out of warranty. I wore them around 12 times. Sent an email to management but no reply. Talked to Bass Pro where I purchased them and no help either. Just for fun I called Cabellas and they said even though they were out of warranty if I would send them in they would see about giving me a credit towards a new pair. Their customer service is night and day compared to Bass Pro. I will buy a pair of Muck boots and will limit what I buy from Bass Pro in the future.

Fuller

The last 2 sets of Rockys I bought leaked straight out of the box. I mean they made no attempt to stop the water. I wear Lacrosse now.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rocky boots are JUNK now. They used to be great boots....now you can buy better quality for $39 at WalMart. I will not buy another pair of boots from Rocky. I used Rocky exclusively for years...I loved the Bear Claws. I had two pair in a row that did not even last an entire season before the soles started coming apart in chunks. No more. I'll buy Danner from now on.

Square_Dots

I have never liked Rocky boots. We used to be issued Danner Matterhorns in the Army up until around 1998 then they switched to Rocky. Like night and Day, I tell you. Maybe once they got the Gov't contract, they sold out to China- LOL

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've had several pairs of Rockys, and have yet to have a single problem. I've worn one pair every day to work for two years, no telling how many miles they have on them, and they're still in decent shape. Most boots won't last me a year (I'm talking about expensive boots too, not cheapos. I've worn out a set of $200 Danners in less than a year.) I have a pair of Rocky Buck Lite hunters that are going into their third hunting season now, and I give them heck walking up and down these mountains, climbing cliffs, and everything else you can think of. They are still completely dry even if you wade water nearly to the tops of them. Never had any problems at all with the soles. The only tougher boots I can think of than the Rockys I've had are maybe Chippewas.

Fuller

I've had several pairs of Rockys, and have yet to have a single problem. I've worn one pair every day to work for two years, no telling how many miles they have on them, and they're still in decent shape.
I have some Rocky duty boots that I wear at work and they are a different quality all together. The Rocky hunting boots don't hold a candle to their work boots.

Gaswamp

I bought a pair of Rocky cornstalkers in 1992, when they were still made in the USA. I have had to have them re-soled once in that time frame. I have not had another pair of Rocky's. However, with what I have read and what I have seen when handling them in the store, Rocky's quality is not there anymore.

I bought a pair of Browning boots a few years ago and their quality was poor after a little use as well.

Since then I bought a pair of boots from Russell Moccassin Company. They are handmade in the USA. Quality is superb.

Gaswamp

Other shoe companies that make quality hunting boots and generally provide quality customer service are

1. Russell Moccassin co (ALL USA made)
http://www.russellmoccasin.com/
2. Kenetrek Montana boots (some USA made)
http://kenetrek.com/
3. Danner boots (some USA made)
http://www.danner.com/home.do?gclid=COS9safb_J4CFQgQswodiF-NJQ
4. White's boots (all USA made)
http://www.whitesboots.com/
5. LL Bean boots (some USA made)
http://www.llbean.com/
6. Chippewa boots (some USA made)
http://www.chippewaboots.com/
7. Schnees boots (all USA made)
http://www.schnees.com

Gunsmoke

I have some rockys that the sole disendergrated this season and they are about 5 yrs old the same thing happened to a pair i had before these.I will not buy anymore rockys

Camokid

Snake Boots....

I bought a pair of Zip Up Rocky Snake Boots 1 year ago this past June....this past Sept. the Zipper Seam started separating:cry:. I called Rocky's customer Service Dept to ask for some help....They said "Sorry their out of warranty". You have to be kidding me 3 MONTHS OUT OF WARRENTY AND YOU WON'T DO A Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- THING TO KEEP A LOYAL CUSTOMER!!!!!!:huh: I'll give my hard earned money to another company!!!

eden892

rocky boots

I have worn rocky boots for years but now I have 2 new pair of eliminators in the box with tags never worn with the bottoms cracking and melting.Rocky will not repair or replace them,I will never buy another Rocky product.