Rocky boots will not back the boots they make!

livetohunt

Rocky has had the problem with the soles falling apart for years. They say it is how you store them and that heat destroys the soles..I have not bought Rocky boots in years, and will never buy a pair again.

davel

I will never buy another pair of Rocky boots. I had a pair that lasted only 2 seasons. The soles have worn down to nothing and they leak. They were only used for deer season and I don't walk a lot in them. Always stored inside the house in the closet. They are very uncomfortable to wear!

Glynr

I had a pair the soles just started coming apart the rest of the boots were great. I know the boots were not woren in a bad environment unless you consider the woods bad.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Rocky is spelled '' C-h-i-n-a'' :whip:

They're junk...........and all leak like the titantic in a matter of weeks, if not days. :yawn:

Yep. If the pigs eat it, feed it to them....and we just keep on buying....

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rocky has had the problem with the soles falling apart for years. They say it is how you store them and that heat destroys the soles..I have not bought Rocky boots in years, and will never buy a pair again.

That's what they say, but it's a crock of you-know-what. They LIE. I've had Rocky Bear Claws that started coming apart during the FIRST season. What are you supposed to do? Hermetically seal them and freeze them in between hunts?

I used Rocky boots exclusively for years. I'll never buy another pair of boots from those lying weasels. They know they have a problem with their soles, but they choose not to take the high road and do the right thing. My guess is that the real problem is that they got in a bad batch of soles from an overseas (probably Chinese) supplier and they don't want to eat the cost. What they really should do is to throw out all of the bad soles and issue a recall and replace all of the bad boots they have put out. There is absolutely something wrong with the compound of the sole material....you don't have to be a genius to know that. For them to try to say otherwise is not only a lie, it's an insult to my intelligence.

Scoutman

Should have bought them at cabelas they warranty anything,sorry for your trouble.

Richard

I bought my first pair of Rocky snake boots about 12 years ago, they lasted a good 7-8 years of hard hunting.. great boots.. I have another pair I bought 2 years ago..they dont even attemp to hold water out.. if they are that at bad at water I wonder if they will hold a pair of fangs out.. I will never buy another pair..As a matter of fact I have 2 pair of Lacroose in route from Cabelas now..

Richard

rado3003

Rocky customer service is awful. I had 2 pairs of their boots from years ago that were great. Decided to get a pair of bibs as they were waterproof warm and on sale. However, the first time i put them in the washing machine, I had a buckle break. I called and left several mesages (never could talk to anyone from apparel) and sent several e-mails explaining that i just wanted a new buckle to sew on, and never had a response. I will never buy a rocky product ever again.

rip18

Sounds like Rocky Customer service hasn't changed any since before 1989. I loved Rocky boots before that, but haven't bought anything from Rocky since ~1989 when they lost me as a customer for good!

I haven't had to deal with Rocky Customer Service, but GA Boot lost my business forever last year. I just wanted them to repair my snake boots after the pull tabs tore off. I was willing to pay for the repair, but they wouldn't even talk to me about it.

buddylee

Bought my dad some Danners 5 or 6 years ago. The sole fell off shortly after that. No more for me. Bought a pair of Danners last year. Started to leak after a year of hard huntin, I cleaned them and put some neats foot oil on them and no more leakage. I have another pair of Danner work boots that I sometimes wear huntin that have never leaked after 4 or 5 years.

win280

In 15 years I have bought 2 pairs of rocky snake boots. Still wearing both.Had to seal up the 1st pair last year when the sole came apart at the edges. Shoe goo and back in business. Took the liners out as it had came unglued from the bottom.I deer and turkey hunt in these boots. Spray thompsons water seal in them 1 time each year and i'm bone dry. Sorry so many are having issues with rocky boots.

Hick Town

I've had several pair of Rocky's and love them. But I keep hearing alot of negative feedback on these boots so I know they could fail me anyday. I like the looks of the boots and will keep on buying them. My thinking is, I buy a new pair every year and stay out of creeks and I should be fine.

Boots

First pair of Rockys lasted (waterproof)2-3 years.The next two pairs,maybe a year.Sole problems,also,but sticking them too close to the FAR at night might have got them.I don`t think ANY of them are good any more.I buy a new pair most years,just to get a short period of dry feet.Worst pair are the Brownings .Leaked in a coupla months.I still wear `em,just have wet feet a lot.Since they all leak,I doubt if they`re snakeproof.

whitworth

My last pair

successfully and naturally wore out ten years ago.

Since then I've seen continuous, unsatisfactory reports about my old favorites, and still people are still buying the boots and still complaining.

They must make the most unsuccessful, successfully sold boot ever made.

66 POJ

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I had a pair of Rocky's that the soles just disintegrated on as well. Bear claws is what I had. I called them and emailed them to voice my displeasure. I never got a return response. Never again will I buy their product.

hunterb

rocky made great boots for yrs but they have fallen off in the past 8-10 yrs...I wont be purchasing anymore rockys have owned 4 pairs over the past 15 yrs, first two pairs were great, last 2 not so great...last pair bought in 05

Darkhorse

My family was a loyal supporter and wearer of all types of Rocky boots years. Then in '96 I bought a dedicated pair of very expensive Rocky Mountain Stalkers. These were only used for Elk hunting and a few times in colder weather here but mostly they stayed inside in a closet. Just before a '98 Elk hunt I took them out to do some hiking in my "dedicated" Elk boots. The soles had disentegrated.
Same story. Numerous calls both to Rocky and finally Cabela's. Still no boots. Rotten customer service from Rocky.
Now all I wear is LaCrosse. Snake boots, rubber boots, whatever. Until I have a problem with the boots or the company I'll stick with what works best for me.
But it won't be Rocky's.