Rocky boots will not back the boots they make!

Granite3

I have never liked Rocky boots. We used to be issued Danner Matterhorns in the Army up until around 1998 then they switched to Rocky. Like night and Day, I tell you. Maybe once they got the Gov't contract, they sold out to China- LOL

I got issued Matterhorns in 2004, they were still the Army's cold weather boot (ceptin' the mickey mouse white boot) at that time.

Both that pair and my original ones from 1991 are going strong. The 91 pair is on a third set of laces, but the original soles. Very little pavement walking, mostly outdoors turf.

Neatsfoot oil every other month in the cold climates, and Kiwi black boot polish have kept them in good shape. Danner all the way for me!

Slewfoot

Not a fan

I thought Rocky was a stand up company till I bought their best boot a few years back. The second season the soles disintegrated into an oily mess on a hunting trip...even messed up the floor mats on my buddy's F250.

They have lost my biz forever...no hunting boots or duty boots from Rocky ever again; and I tell alot of folks about it.:cheers:

Georgia Hard Hunter

I haven't had to deal with Rocky Customer Service, but GA Boot lost my business forever last year. I just wanted them to repair my snake boots after the pull tabs tore off. I was willing to pay for the repair, but they wouldn't even talk to me about it.

That is quite distressing for me, I have bought several pairs of Georgia Boots in the past and have been very pleased. Only had one problem with a pair about 4 months after I bought them, Called Ga Boot, was told to mail them back to them and they mailed me a new pair, but this was about 5 years ago. I hope Ga Boot hasn't dropped the ball on customer service. Thats what I wear now for work and the outdoors.

jimjr

Rocky boots

Cornstalkers: Soles crumbled apart after 1 season.
Snakeboots: Hold water in real good but don't keep it out worth a hoot!

BREW4414

Anybody thought of emailing a link to this page to the Rocky customer service dept? That would be hilarious. :biggrin2:

Dub

Nothing new here.

People have been complaining about Rocky Boots for 5 years or more now.

I'll not mess with them again. Too many better choices out there.

gsp754

Banned
Well someone should email them a link, I did not know about these problems and I was planning on buying some new boots in the next day or two almost bought some rocky boots tonight but I rode with my buddy and i left my wallet in my truck.... Thank god! Needless to say I will not touch rocky boots now, I don't know a single one of you who have had problems with their boots and it still makes me mad to hear they treat customers this way. I know I don't want to give a company like that any of my money and I will spread the word of how they do business.

Nitro

Banned
FWIW,

Here is where my footwear dollars go-

Russell
Danner
Lacrosse
Muck Boot (may eliminate LaCrosse eventually)....

Rocky Boots are horrible.

Gaswamp

FWIW,

Here is where my footwear dollars go-

Russell
Danner
Lacrosse
Muck Boot (may eliminate LaCrosse eventually)....

Rocky Boots are horrible.

Alot of once good shoe companies have gotten sorry. Rocky made a good boot in 1990. Lacrosse Im afraid ain't what it once was either.

blademan

I totally agree with a few others,I have a pair of Danners that I have had for 12 years,never leaked,comfortable straight from the box.If they ever do wear out ,I will definately buy another pair

glynr329

I bought 2 pair of them over the years one of them the soles turned to like sponge and pealed off not sure why. They would not stand behind them. The other pair the sole just came lose. I will never buy another pair. I would rather buy Kmart or Walmart boots can't be any worse.

Deerhead

Call me crazy… but even after reading your post I bought a pair of Rocky 800gn Prowlers. I wore them on a 11 day hunt. They are the most warm and comfortable boots I have owned. Plus they were on $79. I am very pleased with them so far…

storeman

I bought my first pair of pro light snake boots at the start of bow season. I am very pleased with them. I have not had the problem many of you have had, I dont hunt the swamps so they have never leaked, I try to avoid the water anyway other than the rain.

Mike_SS

Add me to the list of people who will never buy another pair of Rocky's. I bought a pair several years ago when I had my first opportunity to go deer hunting. I've worn them maybe 15 times and they have had an easy life spending their time in the closet. A year or so ago I pulled them out of the closet on a cold day to do some chores around the house. The boots still look brand new but the soles left a debris trail down the hall, through the kitchen, through the den and out to the deck.
I am currently looking for a new pair of winter and a new pair of summer boots and I will not even consider Rocky. A low price wouldn't even matter... the real expense to me is the time finding the right ones that fit right, feel right, and will do what I want them to do. I'll gladly spend $150-$200 on Danners, Muck, etc. before I'll spend a penny on (C)rockys.

blocky

Rocky stinks

I used to wear Rockys too. The old ones were good but they changed something because my newer ones started to crumble. Got out a new pair I had stored in the dry cool basement and they were coming apart also. Called Rocky and got no help with replacements. So I am finished with Rocky anything from that day forward. I use Cabelas boots now and they are holding up well.

Can't understand how a company can let their reputation be destroyed like that. Most American companies will admit flaws and stand behind the products to keep the loyal customers and keep the business afloat. Guess it is poor management!

While I am venting, Tasco scopes is another on my black list. The new management decided not to honor the warranties on the old scopes. So no more Tasco for me! A shame because they were decent scopes for the price.

bnew17

All i wear is rocky and i love em. Got a pair of slip ons that bought in 04 and they are holding up beautifully.

seasick

I bought a pair of Rocky boots with the air pillows in them. I liked them until i stuck a piece of iron in the pillow. I took them to the store where i bought them, (Strickland Boots in Dublin) Mr . Rodney looked at them and told me to go pick out some more boots. I dont know if Rocky would have covered them but Stricklands did.