Rough day on the Hooch

luv2drum

Well I took an out of town guest to the Hooch on Saturday. We got there right at daybreak and it was just beautiful. We fished for a couple of hours then my bad luck/clumsiness started. I snagged my fly on the bottom, I squatted to reach down and riiippp! The entire seat of my waders went out. So, I'm in the water on the opposite side of the river from my car. I try to carefully make my way back across trying to stay in as shallow water as possible, then splash!!! Right off a rock into a 4 foot hole. Now I understand why they require pfd's. Well I got most of the water to drain out through my hole in the seat, so I ended up sloshing back to the car. Took the waders off, well I still want to fish so, I put on my hiking boots, go out to where my guest is fishing to check on him, he invites me to get up on a rock beside where he is fishing. I step up on the rock, go to step on a more even section and whoop!! I land hard right on my bum. Luckily, I did not get injured. But I broke the little handle off the spool of my reel.

And to top it off, I DID NOT CATCH A SINGLE FISH:cry::cry:

But a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work. I can't wait for my new frogg togg waders, orvis wading boots, and replacement spool to arrive. So, I guess christmas is comming early:biggrin2:

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Sorry about your troubles, but you probably could use some new stuff anyway! :D
My first ever trip trout fishing the Hooch, I slipped and buried a #16 EHC in the webbing between my thumb and index finger!:eek:

luv2drum

Yep, the back is sore, it took a couple days to set in. Fortunately my waders were not expensive and neither is the reel. I'm gonna have to get someone to teach me how to fish. I can watch a guy catch one almost every cast, I can fish the same spot with the same fly and get skunked.

WinMag.300

presentation...

drift is key...if it dont drift right, well...you know.

Nugefan

hope yer fanny gets well soon ......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that Hooch can be dangerous ......

Sorry about your troubles, but you probably could use some new stuff anyway! :D
My first ever trip trout fishing the Hooch, I slipped and buried a #16 EHC in the webbing between my thumb and index finger!:eek:

ouch .......

slightly grayling

Those are the moments you buddies live for and laugh at.....we've all done something similar.
SG
Well I took an out of town guest to the Hooch on Saturday. We got there right at daybreak and it was just beautiful. We fished for a couple of hours then my bad luck/clumsiness started. I snagged my fly on the bottom, I squatted to reach down and riiippp! The entire seat of my waders went out. So, I'm in the water on the opposite side of the river from my car. I try to carefully make my way back across trying to stay in as shallow water as possible, then splash!!! Right off a rock into a 4 foot hole. Now I understand why they require pfd's. Well I got most of the water to drain out through my hole in the seat, so I ended up sloshing back to the car. Took the waders off, well I still want to fish so, I put on my hiking boots, go out to where my guest is fishing to check on him, he invites me to get up on a rock beside where he is fishing. I step up on the rock, go to step on a more even section and whoop!! I land hard right on my bum. Luckily, I did not get injured. But I broke the little handle off the spool of my reel.

And to top it off, I DID NOT CATCH A SINGLE FISH:cry::cry:

But a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work. I can't wait for my new frogg togg waders, orvis wading boots, and replacement spool to arrive. So, I guess christmas is comming early:biggrin2: