Rubber Boot Recommendations

10 Ringer

Looking for recommendations on a durable, non-insulated rubber boot, mainly for wading muddy 3d shoots, hunting, and the occasional farm work. Mainly looking at Mucks, Lacrosse, and DryShod (started by original founder of Muck). But open to others as well. TIA

southernman13

Lacrosse grange cheap simple and very comfortable. My favorite rubber boot. I think they’re 16”. I have some muck insulated. Not very impressed with them.

I wore the Lacrosse boots for years. I struggled to get them on and off, especially with water in them. I bought a pair of redheads similar to Muck boots with the neoprene style top and I'm in love. Will never go back to full rubber boots.

GregoryB.

I also use the Redhead with neoprene top as well. They get hot in warm weather. I think I usually pay about $40 for them on sale. I use them year round from hunting to farm work. I usually toss them and buy new ones every year.

Blackston

I hog dogged for years and our go too was muck boots with Dans briar / waders Sewed on em I’ve walked and ran lots of miles in em. Now that I Deer and turkey hunt it’s regular muck boots for me. I love em

pikehunter

Lacrosse grange cheap simple and very comfortable. My favorite rubber boot. I think they’re 16”. I have some muck insulated. Not very impressed with them.

This here..^

7Mag Hunter

400 gram Guide Gear rubber boots on u think need a bit of insulation,
or Academy Sports uninsulated rubber boots for warmer weather......
Both are top notch..

Triple C

Wore Lacrosse Grange uninsulated boots for many years and still have a pair. Don't think I've worn them in a couple of years since switching to Muck non-insulated boots several years ago. Like the lighter weigh of the neoprene tops and the foot and sole are just a bit more sturdy than the Grange. I wear them pheasant hunting in SD and quail hunting in S GA. Lots of walking miles chasing pheasants and the mucks are just flat out comfy to wear.

Davexx1

The last two pair of rubber boots I have bought were Lacrosse brand. Both were comfortable and lasted for years.

The pair I have now are Lacrosse 16" Alphalite, 5 mm neopreme, uninsulated, MossyOak Breakup camo, boot style #200064. These have a very cushy comfortable fit, easy on/off, etc. Would buy another pair of these without hesitation.

Try all of the boots, check fit and comfort, and then decide for yourself. The ankle fit style rubber boots are tight and can be difficult to get off.