Rut Map

Rut is starting

Rut is starting in Hogansville, Troup co. Nov-7-2013. No chasing Monday/Tuesday. But a few Thursday morn were pushing. Thursday evening bucks are chasing hard and tending doe's. Time to be in the woods. It's happening. :flag:

There are several things going on here. First, the rut is the rut, it is genetic...but we have a lot of variety in our genetics, so ruts can be sporadic given the mix of genetics for a specific area. Next is when we perceive the rut. I hunt a lot around the end of October (because that is when I can get a kitchen pass), so I see most of my activity in that time period...but that is because I spend the most time in the woods around then. Other than that, I just hunt when I can and sometimes I get lucky!

Atpruitt89

Pretty spot on for Cherokee County. Nov 15t, 16th, 17th I was in the woods and saw a ton of rut activity. Even saw a massive 4 1/2 yr old 10 pt chasing a doe. Too bad I only had my bow...grrr

Edit: Buck in my avatar actually, there is still time!

Macdaddy31516

Couldnt tell you if the map is right or wrong for pierce county.Not enough deer here to give any realtime data.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
somebody bump this everyday