Saban on the Hill...

bullgator

I know a lot of people don’t want government involvement as part of fixing this issue, but I think they may be the only entity big enough to take on the monster that’s been created. Agents are the corrupt lawyers of NIL and only out for themselves. The pendulum has swung way past fairness for the athletes.
Saban’s voice may get the attention needed to deal with this.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I know a lot of people don’t want government involvement as part of fixing this issue, but I think they may be the only entity big enough to take on the monster that’s been created. Agents are the corrupt lawyers of NIL and only out for themselves. The pendulum has swung way past fairness for the athletes.
Saban’s voice may get the attention needed to deal with this.
Name one thing the government does well. And now you want to get them involved in college sports.. :rolleyes:

The LAST thing ANYONE/THING, BUSINESS, INDUSTRY needs is government involvement of ANY kind. Cause, guess what. They want to be involved so they can get their cut of the pie. No thanks.

Not to mention the fact they have better things to do right now!!! I certainly know Ted does cause the border in Texas is garbage.

Last edited:

ChiefOsceola

Name one thing the government does well. And now you want to get them involved in college sports.. :rolleyes:

The LAST thing ANYONE/THING, BUSINESS, INDUSTRY needs is government involvement of ANY kind. Cause, guess what. They want to be involved so they can get their cut of the pie. No thanks.

Not to mention the fact they have better things to do right now!!! I certainly know Ted does cause the border in Texas is garbage.
On this, we agree 100%.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Yep, .gov is awesome at screwing things up.

bullgator

I tend to agree, but the option is watching the game spiral out of control until it’s a burning wreck. The NCAA and the schools were to afraid to get a handle on it when they had the chance.

Browning Slayer

I tend to agree, but the option is watching the game spiral out of control until it’s a burning wreck. The NCAA and the schools were to afraid to get a handle on it when they had the chance.
Let it burn. But it won’t. Saban complaining about folks getting paid is hilarious.
F465E664-057C-4194-BE66-D2779B3676D0.png

bullgator

Minor league football isn’t the least bit interesting to me, even with college’s names attached. It’s arena football, USFL, and Canadian football masquerading as college football. Only these players are fresh out of high school and getting higher pay. If y’all want to support that,…have at it.

Browning Slayer

Minor league football isn’t the least bit interesting to me, even with college’s names attached. It’s arena football, USFL, and Canadian football masquerading as college football. Only these players are fresh out of high school and getting higher pay. If y’all want to support that,…have at it.
I get it. But thinking .Gov could make it better is silly. A bunch of rich dudes making rules for players won’t be any better. The rich ones will hold the “power”. ;) Just like the NCAA did.

Browning Slayer

increase the pool of available players to reduce the cost/player
I could care less in the end. It certainly won’t change what I do in the fall. I’ll still listen to the Dawgs in my deer stand. If it becomes a product I don’t like anymore like NASCAR. That’s on them. I’ll find something else to listen to from the stand or camp.

Madsnooker

The irony of Saban on the hill whinning about nil and players only caring about money is just to funny. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: There's no doubt he was the goat but he knows nil was a major blow to him and his boosters now and going forward. At his age he realized the grind for him to win another NC was going to be much much harder and why stay in the game. I don't blame him. It's been 4 years now since winning the last NC and I don't believe he felt supper confident it would get any better next year.
With thay said, I :tip:to you Mr Saban!!!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I get it. But thinking .Gov could make it better is silly. A bunch of rich dudes making rules for players won’t be any better. The rich ones will hold the “power”. ;) Just like the NCAA did.
Colleges are supposed to be full of smart people.
I agree that they shouldn't need the government to step in and fix this for them because that's just inviting a bull to a china shop.

The division 1 and 2 colleges and the NCAA need to get together amongst themselves in one big room and fix this by themselves because letting the NCAA make the decisions alone too often is what got them in this situation to begin with. And, the money and power of the NCAA needs to be reduced significantly. Non-profit my big ol' tail!

Last edited:

BeerThirty

Y'all ain't gonna like what I have to say. But I really don't give one squat about the development of a football player's character. I'm not saying character development isn't important, but it's not why I turn the TV on during the weekend. Sorry.

James12

The irony of Saban on the hill whinning about nil and players only caring about money is just to funny. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: There's no doubt he was the goat but he knows nil was a major blow to him and his boosters now and going forward. At his age he realized the grind for him to win another NC was going to be much much harder and why stay in the game. I don't blame him. It's been 4 years now since winning the last NC and I don't believe he felt supper confident it would get any better next year.
With thay said, I :tip:to you Mr Saban!!!

Monday Morning QB1. Get em Snook!

BamaGeorgialine

I think that if all Saban cared about was the money, then he wouldn't be trying to make the game better by hanging around a courtroom. He'd be at the beach instead. I agree with Snook. Saban should have refused to be the highest paid coach and settled for just a little above the millions an unproven free agent seventeen year old makes.

bullgator

Saban, or any other coach that tries to ready the players for life beyond football, has my respect. For those that don’t care about the players beyond them entertaining you by playing, here’s some numbers. There are about 260 D1 schools, about 130 FBS with 85 scholarships and 133 FCS with 63 scholarships. That‘s over 19,000 players in any given year. There are 7 rounds in the NFL draft for a total of 224 players drafted. Of those 224 maybe 50% will last beyond 2 years and make any kind of living in the game. Showing enough interest in the other 19,000 that will need to take another direction in life ain’t a bad thing,…..and something the parents used to appreciate.