Saban on the Hill...

James12

Talk to players 10 years after they play for a coach, whether they went pro or not, they’ll let you know if a coach was impactful and a good leader. I think of Richt, Saban, Bowden, Spurrier, even Harbaugh. Many many more that don’t get recognized.

I agree, if Saban didn’t care he wouldn’t be trying to make it better with his time - he doesn’t have to do a thing any longer. The NIL is great and will greatly benefit a “select group” of kids. The others it won’t benefit are still needed in the sport and valuable too, and especially in the world after they finish eating free grits! The best coaches in America all agree kids should be compensated, but that parameters are needed.

Throwing shade at Saban for speaking on the Hill or saying he quit is laughable .

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Talk to players 10 years after they play for a coach, whether they went pro or not, they’ll let you know if a coach was impactful and a good leader. I think of Richt, Saban, Bowden, Spurrier, even Harbaugh. Many many more that don’t get recognized.

I agree, if Saban didn’t care he wouldn’t be trying to make it better with his time - he doesn’t have to do a thing any longer. The NIL is great and will greatly benefit a “select group” of kids. The others it won’t benefit are still needed in the sport and valuable too, and especially in the world after they finish eating free grits! The best coaches in America all agree kids should be compensated, but that parameters are needed.

Throwing shade at Saban for speaking on the Hill or saying he quit is laughable .
I agree. Lots of players who never make the pros comment on the impact that a good coach had in their lives about how they made them better people.