Savage model 99

aabradley82

I’ve got one in 300. neat rifles. Many variations so get one you like. I’d like a 284 or 358 if I ever find one when I’ve got extra money

I have in the past collected them, probably only have a dozen or so anymore. I kept the hard to get ones, 22-250's, 284, 358, 250, 375 Win., etc. Excellent rifles.

Last edited:

drhunter1

I would love to have one but finding one appears to be problematic. When I was a kid I hunted in a club with some high school buddies and one of the dads bought one at a pawnshop and brought it to camp and I remember it being so nice. I’ve kind of wanted one ever since.

Rarely available locally, they come with a few caveats, one being the dreaded tang crack. If you look on GB they are available but you need to know what you want and what to look for.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I had a Model 100 in .308.
IINM the 99 and 100 take the same box magazine.
Magazines are getting scarce and expensive so keep that in mind when looking.

35 Whelen

Nephew has one in 243, helped him sight it in years ago at the range at Charlie Elliott. He killed his first buck with it.

I had a Model 100 in .308.
IINM the 99 and 100 take the same box magazine.
Magazines are getting scarce and expensive so keep that in mind when looking.
The model 88 Winchester lever action and the Winchester model 100 semi auto take the same magazine. It's a different magazine for the Savage model 99C.

Last edited:

notnksnemor

The model 88 Winchester lever action and the Winchester model 100 semi auto take the same magazine. It's a different magazine for the Savage model 99C.
I was mistaken.

Thanks.

Need to order some prevagen.

Reactions: 021

drhunter1

Well I’ll keep looking, but if any of you fine folks run across someone with one in .308 or comparable caliber that wants to part with it please let me know. Or if you know somewhere I should be looking that I haven’t thought of that would be much appreciated.

notnksnemor

Well I’ll keep looking, but if any of you fine folks run across someone with one in .308 or comparable caliber that wants to part with it please let me know. Or if you know somewhere I should be looking that I haven’t thought of that would be much appreciated.
While educating myself I came across this:

drhunter1

While educating myself I came across this:

Thanks a ton. I’m going to text him and see if we can do the deal.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The 330 must be a typo. The same ad farther down says 300 savage.