Sawtooth and white oak acorns

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
My sawtooths didn't produce much this yr, the whites went crazy. Can't walk without stepping on a bunch

2dye4

Mine didn’t produce a single acorn due to late frost. My neighbors white oaks produce an acorn but no meat to them. Our yard this time of year is usually full of deer but they know the acorns are no good.

Lilly001

That late frost really got my land here in Lauren’s county.
Almost no acorns, persimmons, nor crabapples.
We are still trying to see how the deer will react.
On normal years they are heavy in the hardwoods, swamps for us, when the acorns drop.
Im hoping they hit the food plots instead.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Back in September I thought the white oaks in my yard weren't going to produce many acorns this year. Since then I've put 15 wheelbarrow loads on the street and I've got at least one more wheelbarrow load in the back yard.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Update, hardly any water oak or post oak acorns on my little place this year either. Friend of mine a county over said his oaks are raining acorns.

sportsman94

Update, hardly any water oak or post oak acorns on my little place this year either. Friend of mine a county over said his oaks are raining acorns.
I’m not seeing many water oaks/willow oaks on my trees in the yard this year in Houston county. Haven’t seen many on the places I’ve hunted this year either. Plenty of white oaks and swamp chestnuts though

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
white oaks and water oaks are dropping wash tubs full here

Kev

One of my tracts has as many white oak acorns on the ground as I remember every seeing

buckmanmike

We had a water oak in our front yard thinned this year. Driveway is still covered in acorns.
Squirrels loving it.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Back in September I thought the white oaks in my yard weren't going to produce many acorns this year. Since then I've put 15 wheelbarrow loads on the street and I've got at least one more wheelbarrow load in the back yard.
Why wouldn't you take them to your deer stand, they are a lot better than yellow acorns plus they're free except for the labor.