Semi-Auto Shotgun Break In?

Gator89

I have a Turkish gas operated shotgun, it cycled Winchester AA with no problem.

I tried a box of cheap stuff, had to "mortar" the bolt open to get the hulls out.

Never had a hiccup with my Benelli's, but my 20 gauge B's get fed 3 inch pheasant and turkey loads, sometimes the first round fired.

krizia829

Weatherby Turkish auto loader
I almost bought the SA-08. Hard to find here but I'm happy with my Charles Daly. Also Turkish

killerv

Is there a way to "break in" a semi auto shotgun other than running heavy loads? I know most modern guns don't really need a break in but I finally got to shoot my Charles Daly 601 20Ga and as I already expected, it had a few jams with the first 25 shots. I say about 4-6 shells didn't cycle into the chamber. The rest cycled flawless. It was very random.

I'm not disappointed by any means, I actually loved the way it shoots! However, buying heavy loads will burn a hole in my pocket that I don't want to burn and was wondering if there's any tricks that might help?? Would love to use it this dove hunting season and duck hunting season too down here. Thanks!!
I had the same issue with a franchi affinity 20ga, two buddies also had issues with theirs. Franchi told me to put 2 cases of winchester AA heavy target through it, mind you I bought this for a 9yo, and have you priced a case of AA heavy target????

I should have just spent the extra money and bought a benelli

krizia829

I had the same issue with a franchi affinity 20ga, two buddies also had issues with theirs. Franchi told me to put 2 cases of winchester AA heavy target through it, mind you I bought this for a 9yo, and have you priced a case of AA heavy target????

I should have just spent the extra money and bought a benelli
Lol yup!! I used to pay $5.99/box for regular Federal Top Gun and Remington Gun Club. Now they're $12+! Crazy!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
My beretta A300 has shot fine so far using various loads.