Seminole Co. Ramblings

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Against my thinking, but I broke down and purchased an annual boat ramp pass. I still get mad thinking about it.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Against my thinking, but I broke down and purchased an annual boat ramp pass. I still get mad thinking about it.
I refuse to give them any money It's the county charging the fee.
Cold and windy this morning

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole continues to be very low. The cold snap appears to be hurting some of the unwanted vegetation. I can see out in front of my dock now a bit, and see a fish swim by now and then. Corp put 3000 grass carp in Cypress Pond, and 2500 in Rays Lake couple days ago.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Made it to the dock today to check on the boat. The last cold snap is turning all the flag lilies brown, and seems to have knocked some of the aquatic weeds down a bit. Lake Seminole continues to be very low. Only good thing about that is, folks can now see the stumps. After hurricane Michael most of the stumps were broken off below the waters surface.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hope Seminole remains low at least until we get a freeze or two. Sure would help with the aquatic weed problem.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The cooler weather is having a negative effective on Seminoles vegetation. The lake remains low. Checking today, it looks to be 2 feet low or more. I haven't seen any grass carp claimed to have been stocked. But am seeing panfish and bass come by the dock.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
A group named Stewards of Lake Seminole has formed and taking action to clean up the lake. Asking government and locals to pitch in with donations for vegetation control and grass carp. It's my opinion, The CORP let the lake get in the condition it's in, and it's their responsibility to manage it so it doesn't get in the shape it's in. They should clean it up, we pay enough taxes in this county as it is. Considering the control the CORP has over what we can or cannot do along the shoreline. Remove some of that control and locals would clean up around their docks themselves. It's a different country we're living in these days, and not all that great when everything is regulated to the hilt.